Vacancies: First Engineer, Second Engineer, Assistant Driller
Pacific Drilling S.A. is a Growing Offshore Drilling Company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships.
Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas, with offices in Brazil, Luxembourg, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
We have one of the newest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world. Our vessels are all state-of-the-art, high-specification units, which benefit from a proven design and highly developed construction techniques.
- Senior School certificate (SSCE)/ West Africa Examination Council (WAEC)/ GCE O/L, OND in Nigeria is equivalent of 2 years associate degree in U.S., while HND or BSc is for 4 years (with at least 120 credits/units)
- Nigerian in Country – resident
- Fluent English communication skills (both oral and written)
Positions: First Engineer
- Five years of offshore experience on a dynamically positioned drilling vessel with a minimum of one year in the position of Chief Engineer (US) or First Engineer (2nd Engineer Europe).
- An unlimited horsepower 1st engineer’s (2nd class motor) license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower, issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with the STCW Code, valid STCW 78 (as amended) refresher certificates required to maintain the “Certificate of Competency” (STCW A-III/2 2nd Class Motor).
- Extensive training and experience with electrical and hydraulic systems on, or equivalent with, offshore floating deepwater 5th or 6th generation rigs, including high voltage experience (1000V or higher) preferred.
Position: Second Engineer
- Five years of offshore / merchant navy experience, preferably on a dynamically positioned drilling vessel with a minimum of two years experience in the position of 2nd Engineer (3rd Engineer Non-U.S.).
- An unlimited horsepower Second Engineer’s (Third-class motor A-111/1) watch keeping license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower, issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with the STCW Code. Medium voltage experience (1000V or higher).
Position: Assistant Driller
- Three years offshore experience including time on a floating rig (preferably drillship).
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and control of the well. NOV 6th generation cyber chair experience.
How to Apply:
To be considered for a position, please apply online at careers.pacificdrilling.com No office walk-ins accepted.
To apply online:
(1) Visit Pacific Drilling Careen page: careen.pacificdrilling.com
(2) Select Featured Jobs (at top of page)
(3) Select Careen in Nigeria
(4) Apply to the desired position.
On or before 10th November, 2015