The UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women is seeking to recruit two drivers for its “Promoting Women’s Engagement in Peace and Security in Northern Nigeria” programme which is funded by the European Union.
The Drivers will provide reliable and safe driving services lo the Project Management team and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Drivers will provide basic administrative and clerical support to the UN Women field offices in Adamawa and Gombe
Position: Drivers (Adamawa and Gombe Duty Stations)
Duty Station: Adamawa and Gombe, Nigeria
Languages Required: English
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 1st January – 2016
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 Year
Expected Duration of Assignment: 2 Years
Deadline for Receipt of Application: 10th December 2015
Description of Responsibilities:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle.
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Administrative and clerical support.
- Core Values/ Guiding Principles
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity; Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values; Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Development and Innovation; Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
- Conflict Management; Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
- Excellent driving skills.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
- Professional appearance and punctuality.
- Good people skills.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Preference may be given to persons having higher degree or having mix of relevant trainings and qualifications.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- 3years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge and ability to operate office equipment and computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of basic administrative and logistic functions will be required. Language:
- Fluency in English is required Knowledge of other local language will be an added advantage
For further information please see this site: http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=61858
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
Candidates may apply on the website listed above
Send cover letter, CV and completed form P-11 to The Operations Manager, UN Women Nigeria. No 10 Zambezi Crescent, 3rd Floor, WAEC Building Complex, Maitama, Abuja, FCT.
This is a re-advertised position. Candidates who applied earlier need not reapply Qualified women candidates and highly encouraged to apply.