Catholic Relife Services (CRS), in partnership with the Caritas Federation of Nigeria (CCFN), the Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Mercy Corps, Making Cents International and 8 civil society organizations (CSOs), is implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. It is a 5 year program with $ 15 million support from USAID and $5 million cost share from CRS and partners. It is an agriculture-led project based in rural communities in Northem Nigeria’s Sokoto State, Kebbi State and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Position: Program Manager, 2 – Nutrition
Department: Programs –Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project
Reports to: Technical Program Direct
Location: Abuja -Band: D-2
(1) Support CSOs to implement the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project Social and Behavior Change Communication Strategy, and deliver components of the package to beneficiaries
(2) Support to implement the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project Social and Behavior Change Communication Strategy, and deliver components of the package to beneficiaries.
(3) Support CSOs to promote the consumption of nutritious food by vulnerable households; home gardens, poultry, small livestock
(4) Lead tie promotion of local recipes and food preservation techniques in project communities
(5) Develop and maintain strong agriculture-nutrition linkages, and ensure this is reflected in program implementation at the community level
(6) Support WASH committees to develop sustainable business models, and support CSOs to build the capacity of WASH Field Agents
(7) Ensure CLTS is implemented and project villages are declared Open-Defecation Free (ODF) white promoting SanPlat model latrines
(8) Carry out regular monitoring visits to project sites, and provide support to activity implementation at the community level.
(9) Lead the development of training curriculums and ensure high quality facilitation of all nutrition and WASH-related trainings
(10) Support data collection and analysis as well as preparation of high quality program reports.
(11) Organize and lead Nutrition and WASH Community of Practice meetings and support CSOs to improve their technical capacity
(12) Analyze program data and accomplishments and contribute to the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project learning agenda
(13) Maintain strong partnership with implementing CSOs, government, leaders and private sector players and other relevant stakeholders in a manner that reflects professionalism, and mutual respect in accordance with CRS value-based behaviors
(14) Provide technical support to any nutrition-related program assessments, surveys and reviews
(15) Perform any other functions as assigned by the Technical Program Director
Qualifications and Skills;
(1) Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health or related field.
(2) Five years of working experience in agriculture, nutrition, WASH or food security program
(3) Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements
(4) Capacity to work closely, understand, and support local Church partners
(5) Excellent oral and written communication skills
(6) Excellent training and facilitation skills
(7) Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID and Caritas agencies preferred
(8) Strong computer stalls: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint preferred
(9) Experience in staff development and partner capacity preferred
(10) Knowledge of CRS’ program quality standards
(11) Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality responsiveness in programming and operations.
(12) Experience with participatory methods and partnerships required. Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local civil society and government agencies.
(13) Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
(14) Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
(15) Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
(16) Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired.
(17) Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
(18) Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of Hausa language is an added advantage.
(19) Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
(20) Willingness and ability to travel at least 60% of time.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should download the CRD Application form and send with a detailed resume (maximum of 3 pages) in one word document to:
Completed application should reach us on or before 5pm, on Tuesday 15th December, 2015. Please state the desired position as the subject of email. Applications send in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that interviews will be conducted on rolling bases. CRS Nigeria does not charge any form of fees for it recruitment
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to protection;
“CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse