Research Triangle Institute (RTI International) is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. For more information on RTI International’s work, visit www.rti.org/InternationalDevelopment .
ENVISION is an 8-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development. (USAID) through which RTI supports and expands Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. To learn more about ENVISION’S work, visit www.ntdenvision.org .
Position: Accountant (Neglected Tropical Diseases-NTDs)
Reports to: Resident Program Advisor
Location: Cross River State
- Assists in the administration and oversight of program funds in coordination with RTI and USAID guidelines.
- Maintains local accounts on the OuickBooks computerized accounting system; enters and codes all transactions in QuickBooks
- Initiates checks and other payments to vendors following RTI and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintains financial management files of backup documentation for all local transactions as required by USAID regulations and RTI policies, including files for vendors and grantees, and ensures audit trail for all necessary documentation.
- Maintains local audit file, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous financial filings.
- Identifies potential accounting discrepancies and works with the Finance Officer to effectively research, track and resolve these issues.
- Monitors state-level project budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
- Coordinates with necessary technical and finance ENVISION Nigeria team members to compile project financial reports.
- Conducts other general accounting duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, accounting transactions, budgeting, reporting and ensuring compliance of internal control systems.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Significant experience using QuickBooks highly desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Detail oriented, organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality and ability to work in a team setting
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and at least 3 years of experience (or Masters plus 1 year of experience) in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, auditing, and/or taxation for a USAID-funded project.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, ACCA), or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred.
How to Apply;
Interested applicants should submit a current CV with contact information to GHrecruitment@rti.org and indicate “ENVISION Nigeria Program Officer-CRS” in the subject title. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Deadline for submission of application is 2nd June 2016.