Our client, a New Private University located in the old Mid-Western Region of Nigeria has vacancy for the position of Registrar.
The ideal candidate must have sound knowledge that will drive the administrative processes of a private university for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. He/She should be capable of:
(1) Promoting effective and efficient implementation of policies approved by the Governing Council.
(2) Developing functional policies/plans, and presentation of sound and well researched proposals to the Council.
(3) Maintaining an efficient administrative system; installing an efficient system of handling university records, and carrying out routine administrative matters.
(4) Identifying and implementing learning and development needs for administrative staff.
(5) Handling materials management, including maintenance of all university’s property and equipment, supply and control of stationery and consumables.
(6) Liaising with appropriate government organs, including JAMB, NUC and other bodies.
(1) Position-specific skills that will ensure immediate performance gains; resourcefulness and self-motivation.
(2) Entrepreneurial skills; results orientation, and ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, legal documents, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
(3) Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; communication skills; interpersonal and relationship skills; organizational skills’ and motivation to work on self initiative; presentation and negotiation skills.
(4) Experience in the use of a personal computer to prepare correspondence, reports, charts, etc.
(5) Experience in the use of internet and fast communication networks.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have sound bachelor’s and postgraduate degrees in Social or Management Sciences or Law. An MBA or professional qualification/ membership of ICSA, ICAN, CIPM, NIM and other recognized bodies will be an added advantage. Minimum of fifteen years post-graduation experience, out of which ten years should be in a management position.
Method of Application
All applications, with detailed resume, should be forwarded to email@example.com, not later than 7th June 2016.