The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following position for the Nigerian Field Epidemiology and Training Program (NFELTP) National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) program
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year
Opening Date: 31st May 2016
Closing Date: 12th June 2016
Work Hours: Full time
Position: Communication Officer
Duty Station: Abuja
The responsibilities of the Communication Officer include:
- Source and draft original online content for the Program/project website, print publications and media outlets.
- In-charge of the communications function between the Program and relations with the outside world
- Manage the outgoing information linked to the organization and in charge of marketing the program
- Update the intranet with new content
- Prepare daily news briefs on issues in the health sector and program achievements
- Update and manage contact database of Program partners, stakeholders and associates
- Manage the program/project mini-library
- Support speech writing through research on related subject
- Foster positive relationships between program and the media
- Support generation of new ideas in the Public Affairs office
- Asses the overall organization and content of the material to determine its suitability for the intended audience, medium, market and purpose.
- Select, create or secure appropriate visual elements (e.g. images, sidebars headings, video clips) if necessary, in keeping with the requirements and constraints of the publication (e.g. budget, schedule, format, medium), Determine the appropriate content and length of captions.
- Identify, create, or secure appropriate supplementary and referencing material (e.g. glossaries, endnotes, web menu items, hyperlinks).
- Communicate clearly and diplomatically with the author or project supervisor to confirm structure, request clarification of content, and propose or negotiate broad editorial changes.
- Offer overall support to the program as shall be assigned by the supervisor from time to time in the best interest of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Public relations or relevant qualifications
- Experience of 3 years in the same field with a reputable organization
- Prior service in Public health related service is of added advantage.
- Language proficiency: Level IV English (Fluency in Both written and oral) is required
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
Interested applicants for any of the position should apply through the AFENET
Human Resource web application portal at: http://www.nigeria-feltp.com/careers.php .
Applicants should fill the online form and upload only a copy of your curriculum vitae. Incorrect/wrong applications will not be reviewed. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.