Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming. CRS Nigeria seeks for highly qualified candidates to fill the position below. Full Job Descriptions can be downloaded at the links provided.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Department: Emergency Programs
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Position Band: D-l
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Job Description Link: https://goo.gl/NcqPUe
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports. The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the PM but will also work closely with the CRS Borno State MEAL Coordinator for technical support.
- With technical assistance from the Borno MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILER workshop at the project start.
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided.
- Conduct a household level baseline study at the start of the project.
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys.
- Carryout market assessments for new project sites.
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s Real Time Evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household surveys, the post distribution market surveys, the baseline study, and the mid-term and final evaluations.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure a timely submission of the baseline study report, post distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedbacks and complaints management reports, and evaluations reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the iFormBuilder (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools and on the utilization of iPads and/or android devices.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- In coordination with the Database Officer, maintain the project’s stock of IT equipment (including vendor phones, program phones, solar panels, Bluetooth printers, etc.).
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile yearly beneficiary data.
Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree or Engineering Degree in Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree.
- At least 3 years full time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management.
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and EXCEL
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware).
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to NG_HR@global.crs.org. The position and location of the position should be stated as the subject of the email.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received until all positions are completely filled.
“CRS is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.