Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria
(Established by Act No. 19 of 1991)
Plot 6, Elephant Cement Way, Alausa, P.O.Box 15702, Ikeja, Lagos.
Tel: (01) 2914596, 4540637
Website: ww.icsan.org, www.facebook.com/ICSANInstitute. www.twitter.com/icsanInstitute. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Dept: Finance & Accounts
Report To: Registrar/CEO
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for providing financial advice and support to Council and the Secretariat.
- Monitoring and interpreting financial statements and producing forecasts.
- Participating in formulating strategic and long-term business plans.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. Auditors, Bankers and Statutory Organizations such as the Tax Authorities.
- Producing accurate financial reports in a timely manner.
- Managing budgets
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislations.
- Responsible for the custody of the Institute’s financial documents including cheque books.
- Preparation of interim/monthly/quarterly/annual management and statutory financial statements.
- Fixed Assets Administration.
- Tax Management.
- Pensions Management.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar/CEO or the Council.
- Must have a degree in Accountancy, Economics or Business Management.
- Must be a member of a Professional Accounting Body recognized by an Act of the National Assembly. Must have at least 10 years relevant working experience with the last 3 years being in a Management position.
- Should be between 35-45 years of age.
- Should be conversant with sage line 50 and excel accounting software.
- Commercial and business skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- Potential to lead and motivate others.
Soft copies of applications should be sent to: email@example.com. Application for the vacancy should be submitted no later than October 25th 2016.