Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) started on August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross river and Ebonyi States. The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities. LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS on children and Households”. The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV). The project is seeking for the services of a seasoned professional to fill the following vacancy:
Position: OVC Nutrition and Referral System Advisor (1position)
Type: Full Time
Report to: Chief of Party
Location: Calabar, Cross River State
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Focus on strengthening existing case management system of the project to ensure quality services in conformity with GON and PEPFAR guidelines for nutrition services.
- Linkage to treatment facilities and effective bi-directional referral systems including coordination of escort services and follow up at facility and community levels.
- He/she will address key aspects of project’s implementation strategy related to OVC nutrition, processing of reactive OVC/Caregivers, response to critically ill OVC and relevant capacity building towards sustainability at State, LGA, CSO and community levels.
- The OVC Nutrition and Referral System Advisor will work closely with the GHPA, SMEA and TPPS to support the CSO partners.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing gaps in bilateral referral system
- Function as main contact with 4CHildren in respect of linkage to services and bi-directional referral services
- Provision of technical guidance on IYCF and Food demonstration to CSO partners, OVCAs Community primary referral facility providers and care givers, particularly of reactive OVC on treatment.
- Co-ordinates the documentation and reporting to DME of results and lessons learned in the subject areas, particularly the bi-directional referral system using the principles of data driven programming
- Design realistic innovative interventions for ensuring successful sustainable referral cycles including application of technology and basic communication tools. Coordinate and document community to facility and facility to community activities
- Coordinate related quality improvement efforts at State, LGA, CSO and community levels
- Participate in IPs’ coordination meetings and the meetings of the State/LGA referral TWG.
- Work with GHP to strengthen community GBV response referral systems and Child protection processes.
- Provide hands on and institutional level capacity building to CSOs, CVs and COIT members on nutrition and referral linkages
- Advanced degree in Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with reputable organisations on Infant and child nutrition and referral services.
- Advanced knowledge of current Nigeria’s HIV Response, HIV prevention and treatment adherence principles, particularly for children
- Knowledge of GON and PEPFAR current OVC guidelines and ability to address the guidelines using the projects strategy. Must understand the principles of 90-90-90 towards zero HIV transmission and contribution of Community OVC programs to this goal
- Experience working closely with other IPs and government personnel at several levels
- Practical experience in IYCF and Food Demonstration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in any of the local languages in Cross River and Ebonyi States will be of advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel to rural communities in difficult terrains with challenging roads
- Ability to respond to guidance and achieve results responsibly with limited direct supervision.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should sent in their current curriculum vitae and cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the mail to email@example.com .
NB: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidate.
Application Closing Date; on 2nd November, 2016.