Heartland Alliance International- Nigeria, a services based human rights organization is currently recruiting to fill the position below. Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender. Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
Position: Prevention Manager
- Incumbent will provide technical support for comprehensive HIV/ AIDS programming for Key population.
- Responsible for strengthening the leadership and the capacity of target populations and CBOs in coordination with state teams on HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP). To ensure the integration of HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention services into the existing services provided by HAI to key population.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of approaches in Prevention services, the prevention of and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. Supports collaboration among partners involved in HIV STP programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV STP interventions/services for key populations.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV STP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities.
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 2 years of which must be at a management level within an international NGO or agency.
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to the following address:
The subject of the email “Must” be the Position Title and Location applied for e.g. Pharmacy Advisor Abuja
Applications that do not meet the above specification will be rejected. Please do not contact the listed email address with other enquiries: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted the deadline for this advert is 5pm, on Monday 31st October, 2016