Do you have excellent programme management skills? Do you have the ability to set and manage systems for effective programme delivery? Do you want to be a part of driving an exciting change, a movement to bring about gender justice, improving relationships between men and women in Kano State? V4C is seeking for a highly skilled programme management specialist with skills in mobilising and coordination. We are looking for an individual with experience in working with religious and traditional leaders as well as young people in Kano state.
Position: State Coordinator
Create momentum at state level for implementation of V4C initiatives, including:
- Responsible for kick starting Kami State Purple movement for change, mobilizing partners to take action promoting 50-SOasacall for change in the state.
- Identify and work alongside religious and traditional leaders, government representatives, men’s networks and other key state influencers to events, keeping them up-dated on Purple progress, gaining their support and inspiring them to amplify messages that are in line with V4C initiatives.
- Coordinate technical input and guidance to partners
- Coordinating state programme meetings to plan, monitor, and review program success
- Linking up partners to share successes, lessons, and strategies to overcome barriers.
- Overseeing the delivery of work plans outlined in the V4C partner sub agreement, including quality and pace of delivery.
- Overseeing implementation at state level to ensure alignment with V4C goals and objective’s
Support the Output 1 – AGW Life Skills Lead In effectively leading on activities within communities and post-secondary institutions including;
- Support institutionalization within relevant state institutions
- Coordinating implementation of fusion model of Purple Academy at State level, ensuring results are being monitored effectively
- Ensure facilitators and ambassadors in and out of school arc equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to pilot creative activities to promote Purple Academy
- Create state level saturation of consistent messages that are appropriate to the State context with the aim of influencing the attitudes of V4Cs target audiences (AGW, men and boys, key influencers, implementation partners), including:
- Collaborating with the V4C Communications team and Key influencers Lead to ensure that physical and virtual messages ‘speak to’ V4C target audiences in Kano State.
- Ensuring linkages are made between young people and communication channels (e. g., radio stations).
- Ensuring young people’s interests in Kano State are fed into Output level planning and quality delivery.
- Supporting state level lobbying by young people and influencers
- Participate in, and support development of campaign activities that promote the V4C brand in Kano.
Ensure that V4C has the information required to monitor and measure the success of initiatives, including
- Supporting implementing partners to document and report monthly /quarterly on progress, success, barriers and learning fur submission to diaries for safe space work.
- Communicating regularly with output leads with programme updates and general stale security that affects programming, to develop weekly and monthly plans and progress reports.
- Following up with relevant programme staff to ensure monitoring templates have been completed and data entered into the system.
Continuously improve coordination and implementation of state level initiatives by networking formally and informally with other State Coordinators including:
- Participating in quarterly review meetings to formally review progress and share cross-state lessons and problems, and work together to generate potential solutions.
- Liaising on a day-to-day basis to create a strong team for on-going peer support.
Identify and build on synergies and overlaps with other DFID program by liaising with other program partners, including:
- Sharing V4C lessons and innovations with other development partners.
- Creating linkages with partners seeking to complement/amplify V4C’s work (e.g., coordinating activities on violence against women).
- Liaising with other DFID programme managers to identify overlaps/inconsistencies with V4C initiatives (e.g.. Girl hub’s work with girls).
Any other reasonable activities determined by the thematic leads and approved by the DTLPDE.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or any related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the development sector especially on gender and research.
- Excellent working knowledge of Nigerian culture.
- Subject matter expert on social change programming, particularly gender equality issues, relationships and violence towards AGW, men and boys work. Knowledge of AGW life style.
- Knowledge of key influencers in affecting a change in attitudes towards AGW.
- Knowledge of how to access relevant communication channels (e.g., radio stations).
- Understanding of physical and virtual sale-spaces.
- Knowledge of other DFID progammes, donor funded safe space programs, civil societies in safe space work within she state and other programme partners. Understanding of how to access government representatives, religious leaders and other key state influencers.
- Fluent in the local language of the state.
For detailed Job Description and Application, follow the link: http://www.thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs
How to Apply:
Before you start the application process, please have ready your detailed CV and a tailored cover letter, which responds directly to the job description, highlighting relevant skills and experience making you most suitable person for the position. Priority will be given to those based in the selected state and who speak the local language. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 24th November, 2016.
For more information about V4C, please visit www.v4c-nigeria.com