Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the post of the executive director of business, finance and administration at the international aviation college, Ilorin
Job Title: Executive Director, Business, Finance & Administration
Start Date: January, 2017
Contract Term: 4 Years (renewable)
Reporting to: The Board
Years in Career: Minimum of 15 Years
About the Role
The Executive Director of Business, Finance and Administration is a hands-on position that requires both management and leadership skills and day to day operational execution. It is split into 3 main roles:
Business Development: S/he is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the sales and marketing activities of IAC.
Finance: S/He is responsible for maintaining accurate records including the production of monthly financial reports, internal audit systems budgets, programme budget and, and ongoing maintenance of an adequate financial system that supports the deliverables of the IAC.
Administration: Internally, S/He will be the primary support to the Board in driving the synergy and congruence the Executive Management, Board, and the larger IAC organization. S/He also has major operational responsibilities related to the management, contract solicitation and registration, and contract management.
Education: 1) MBA/MA/MSc that combined training economics, finance, human resources management, organizational behavior
(2) Be a member of the ICAN/ACCA or related certification
(3) CFA/CPA/CA/CMA or related certification
Professional experience: (1) At least 15 years in audit, legal, corporate and regulatory affairs roles.
(2) 8 – 10 years of this experience must been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above.
(3) Working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; engaging with reconciliation and audit personnel when necessary
(4) Application of expertise in management accounting, financial accounting auditing and controls risk management, and business process review to manage a large and/or high value financial institution.
(5) Demonstrable leadership of robust compliance and operational risk management programes that included oversight monitoring, testing, risk assessment, and reporting efforts.
(6) Responsibility and performance with regards to remedial compliance action including design, implementation, and progress tracking of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and compliance deliverables are met.
(7) Past work that required logistics and asset/inventory utilization and maximization for a wide group of near and far users.
(8) Proven track record of increasing revenue.
(vi) Required Skills: (1) Proficient in Microsoft Packages, e.g. Word, Access, Excel, Power Point
(2) MBA/MA/MSc that combined training in economics, finance, human resources management, organizational behavior, and law.
(3) Formal managerial leadership training with focus on stake holder engagement and negotiations.
(5) Strong project management, time management and organizational skills required. The ability’ to manage multiple priorities, take initiative, delegate responsibility, prioritize and ensure the delivery of on- time deliverables is key.
(6) Able to manage the accounting system, and the day to day tasks associated with entering payables, receivables, and reconciling the books while also managing a diverse portfolio of administrative responsibilities.
(7) Excellent knowledge of the international audit and financial standards, including IPSAS, IFRS, IIA.
(8) Clear understanding of both motivations and requirements of key players that will impact IAS
(9) Fluency in written and spoken English required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
(10) Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
(11) High level of digital literacy and familiarity with database management systems;
(12) Proven ability to work under pressure, ensure coherence and consistency, independently, and meet deadlines consistently
(13) Sound knowledge of Government policy and practice impact on financial and contractual arrangements;
(14) Stakeholder and cross-functional team management.
(vii) Personal Attributes: (1) High ethical standards and fiduciary duty. The incumbent will view and possess significant confidential information regarding all aspects of IAC finances. High levels of discretion, integrity and judgment are required.
(2) Keen analytic, organizational and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
(3) Knowledge of the political environment and decision making factors, but courage to maintain objectivity and stay on track by managing up
(4) Personal credibility and integrity
(5) Self-confidence and respect for others, regardless of position, and willingness to work as a team member/ leaders
(6) Ability to articulate positions concisely and quickly, in a manner that is useful and easily understood by all stakeholders.
(7) Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader in a multi-disciplinary environment.
(8) Executive leadership and ability to see and handle all the sides of an issue or project.
(9) Strong and pragmatic business acumen with the ability to recognize the business consequences of legal and vice versa.
(10) Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
Method of Application:
Applicants are to forward (15 copies) of applications and their (CV) not later than 1st March, 2017 to the office of the Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Works and Transport.