Vacancies: Group Head- Risk Management and ICT, Group Head- Human Capital and Administration
We are a leading indigenous downstream Oil and Gas Company in Nigeria. As a result of expansion and new business opportunities within the group, we seek for immediate employment professionals with cognate work experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders.
Position: Group Head, Risk Management and ICT
To promote continuity in the group’s operations by ensuring business control policies and operational guidelines are in place thereby minimising exposure to potential risks related to business performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular assessments of the compliance and risk management culture of the group and submit reports to the GED.
- Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for identified processes, products and services and communicate same to business units and the group.
- Provide independent and objective assurance on the management of risks throughout the group
- Plan, design and implement a robust risk management process for the group, ensuring there is a system in place to identify and analyze all major risks on a regular basis
- Support business units through promotion of risk awareness, development of risk profiles, mitigation of risks and effective implementation of agreed action plans
- Work with Departments to communicate and drive the group’s risk management, HSE, compliance objectives and strategies.
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews, safety audits and statutory inspections of the group’s activities to ensure conformity with existing policies and procedures, and monitor subsequent adherence to the compliance action plan.
- Monitor and assess operational risk via Heat Map analysis for Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), control self-assessments and Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Organize Operational Risk Management sessions with Heads of Business Units and Support groups to ensure their buy-in
- Develop Business Continuity Management framework for the group
- Keep abreast of relevant laws, regulations and codes of good business practices and incorporates them into the internal risk framework
- Make recommendations and manage the process for acquiring relevant regulatory certifications
- Interface with external regulatory bodies regarding issues resulting from such bodies and resolves accordingly
- Identify regulatory, contractual requirements, organizational policies and standards related to information systems to determine their potential impact on the business objectives.
- Design information systems controls in consultation with end users to ensure alignment with business needs and objectives.
- Identify needed resources required to implement and operate information systems and safety controls at an optimal level.
- Review information systems policies, HSE standards and procedures to verify that they address the group’s internal and external requirements.
- Maintain the IT Disaster Recovery Plan including annual reviews.
- Participate in IT projects and initiatives to bring pro-active risk management focus into solutions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Group Executive Director
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Second Class Upper Division)/ HND Upper Credit in Actuarial Science, Computer Science with economics or a related discipline
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in compliance, risk management and business controls and Information Technology in a similar company/industry, 5 of which must have been in role as an operational risk manager of a financial institution or as the Risk Manager within the oil and gas industry
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Professional, Certified in Risks and Information Systems Control (CRISC),Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) or other relevant industry certification
- Professional Membership of Global Association of Risk Professionals – Energy Risk Professional (ERP); Member, Institute of Risk Management (MIRM) or Certified Risk Professional (CRP)
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline would be an added advantage
Position: Group Head, Human Capital and Administration
- To ensure that the Group and its SBUs have the right mix of talent that are effectively deployed, managed, rewarded and engaged in a cost-effective and sustainable manner.
- To support the creation of a distinctive organisation culture and employer brand and facilitate its adoption and promotion by employees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation and upgrading of comprehensive people management strategy and plans while ensuring alignment with the group’s business strategy and key business objectives
- Direct and is accountable for all matters concerning employment legislation and contract issues to ensure that they are in compliance with relevant laws
- Liaise with heads of SBUs to determine key performance requirements and ensure delivery of prioritised and focused HR interventions that add value and meet business objectives
- Communicate human capital strategy and operating plan to strategic business units to get understanding and commitment
- Provide strong functional leadership to enable effective delivery of HR strategy across the group
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the group’s people development and training strategies, plan to ensure identified needs are addressed with appropriate interventions
- Develop and provide guidance to Company’s Executive Management in the implementation of effective succession planning system and supporting processes; and ensure consistent supply of competent staff to fill jobs at senior management level and other positions across the business
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of Human Capital policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the group is adequately staffed by qualified and highly motivated personnel
- Set standards for the development, implementation and monitoring of the group’s succession plan, manpower and career development policy
- Review and report HR Function achievement against key performance targets
- Define and maintain a competitive and merit based compensation system to support group strategy
- Facilitate the achievement of industrial peace and harmony within the group
- Perform other functions as may be requested by the Group Executive Director (GED)
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree(Second Class Upper Division)/ HND Upper Credit in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in a similar organization, 5 out of which must have been in senior or managerial role
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN) or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)), Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- A relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. MSc in HRM, Management with HR focus or MBA) would be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as email subject.
Application Closing Date: on Tuesday, 28th March, 2017.