An Indigenous Company in the Oil & Gas sector has opportunities for hardworking, goal driven, focused, creative and qualified candidates, who can cope in a fast-paced environment. The positions are Land based and successful candidates will work and live in South-Eastern Nigeria.
Position: Instrument Technician/Senior Instrument Technician
- To provide maintenance service in line with planned maintenance activities.
- Be prepared to react to non-routine emergency requirements such as breakdowns and to ensure a continuous production at all times.
- Carry out daily process facilities surveillance of all process vessel, instruments controls of the process vessels – Heavy Oil, Light Oil &Test separator, FWKO, Flare Knock-out, Gas Scrubber, Heater Treater Vessels and the instrumentation at the Manifold (GGF) to ensure that they are in desired set points for optimal operation.
- He is expected to have proper inventory of LACT unit instrumentation, Wellhead control panels, actuators valves, BPV, controllers, transmitters etc. and advice management in time for stock replenishment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicant must possess at least OND/HND qualification in electric/electronic engineering
- 5 or more years’ experience as an Instrument Technician
- Good understanding of Equipment Terminology and various process equipment.
- Understand preventive, corrective maintenance and maintenance plan concepts. Have a basic knowledge of the CMMS (be able to issue a notification, read, interpret and complete work orders).
- Know how to select and use the necessary hand tools. Properly operate, maintain and use the available set of workshop tools.
- Be able to complete a loop test from a transmitter/valve, SOV, limit switch, etc… to input/ output of PCS/SSS.
- Knowledge of the safety regulations and working in a hazardous area.
- Petroleum: Have a basic understanding of facilities / process (from well to export). Be knowledgeable of hydrocarbons behaviour and associated risks (explosion, asphyxia…).
- Computer: be able to produce a report using Word, be able to perform simple calculation with Excel. Have been introduced to internet and mails.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit only electronic copy of their detailed resume and handwritten application using the position of interest as subject to firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 5th April, 2017.
Multiple applications may not be treated.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted