SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects. SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
The SMEC Profile:
It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Environment; Urban Development; Hydropower and Energy; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Social Development; and Management Advisory Services
SMEC Nigeria is currently seeking for an Irrigation Engineer & Water Supply and sanitation Engineer.
Position: Irrigation Engineer
The Irrigation Engineer will be responsible for;
- Assessing the basin wide irrigable potential, identification of irrigation projects and estimation of water requirement. Potential areas suitable for irrigation and drainage projects shall be determined from the analysis of hydro-metrological factors, soils suitability, drainage characteristics, location, topography, copping pattern and water availability.
- Assessment of water use efficiency and rehabilitation needs of existing irrigation schemes. The rehabilitation or replacement needs shall be assessed and analyzed with proposals on changes, outline design and costing.
- Costing and prioritization of irrigation development in the basin and cost estimate for priority irrigation projects.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English mandatory.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Irrigation Engineering.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in irrigation planning, design and implementation particularity in Africa.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory). Experience in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (irrigation-related software, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) to produce technically sound and professional looking documents of international standards.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams.
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines.
- Able to travel to different States within northern Nigeria.
Please visit our website for more information: www.smec.com.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted by email by 23rd May, 2017. Please send your detailed CV and application letter to Nigeria@smec.com . Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.