The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM) is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
The Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is seeking to fill the following position:
Position: Advisors, Laboratory Logistics
Location/Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the Project based in Abuja, Nigeria
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Build and maintain a database of equipment platform and work with vendors to provide preventive maintenance and services to PCR machines.
- Provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistance for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provides support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics System or his/her designate. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical laboratory science, public health, logistics management, or its equivalent. Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agent
- Understanding of the USG supported HIV, TB and Malaria laboratory system strengthening
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
To submit your application please upload your CV/Resumes (Should detail the contact information for at least three professional references) by copying the following links to your browser:
Uploaded CV/Resume MUST clearly indicate your name and the position title.
The Deadline for submission of applications for these positions is July 7, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.