A Multinational Corporation in Nigeria with diverse interest in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas, Hospitality which offers its services and business solutions to a global network of clientele, is looking for a vibrant, energetic, proactive and intelligent individual to join the team in the following capacity.
Position: Clearing and Forwarding Manager
Department: Clearing & Forwarding
Reporting Line: GM, Shipping/Clearing & Forwarding
- Oversee activities related to clearing & forwarding
- Direct and coordinate activities related to the business
- Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and with high standard.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Liaise with customers and other relevant agencies on job briefs.
- Hold periodic meetings with clients and agencies.
- Perform other duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Master’s Degree and certifications in Shipping and Logistics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience in a clearing & forwarding company in Nigeria.
- Must have an operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentations for both import and export and also have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
- Must have the ability to liaise with the Nigeria Customs Service and shipping companies for import and export documentations.
- Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS explanatory notes.
- Mastery of the internet for business purposes.
- Pleasant personality and ability
This is very attractive and is in line with the existing rate in the industry.
Application deadline: July 7th, 2017.
Send your application and Curriculum Vitae to; email@example.com