Vacancies: DHIS2 Implementation Officer, Data Technical Officer
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following positions for the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) program.
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year Opening Date: Thursday 8 June, 2017 Closing Date: Wednesday 21st June, 2017
Work Hours: Full Time
Position: DHIS2 Implementation Officer
Duty station: Gombe, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina, Abuja and Edo States.
The responsibilities of theDHIS2 Implementation Officer include:
- Support the implementation of the Routine Immunization NHMIS scale up plan in the states
- Provide technical leadership to the State RJ team on the use of the DHIS2 RI dashboard for data driven decision making
- Provide mentoring, support and supervision to LGA RI teams on data collection, data entry and appropriate use of RI reporting tools
- Develop Monthly technical report following all supportive supervision activities conducted
- Train State and LGA RI teams on data management
- Build capacity of state and LGA government officers to enter data, analyze and provide regular reports using DHIS2.
- Work with SIO’s, M&E officers, HMIS officers and others as indicated to analyze collected data and provide feedback to State and Local Government RI teams
- Liaise with NSTOP Data Management Team to provide regular feedback and troubleshoot problems
Certifications, Knowledge and Requirements
- University degree or equivalent in data management, public health, epidemiology or other health related disciplines Possess at least 3 years experience in data management or monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) database Experience in managing routine immunization data at LGA or state level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Epi info and SPSS.
Position: Data Technical Officer
Duty station: Abuja
The responsibilities of the Data Technical Officer include:
- Developing and implementing integrated District Health Management Information Systems (DHIS) for Routine Immunization data, semi- permanent data, and survey data.
- Manage information, communications and technology ICT Solutions, materials and experiences developed by DHIS Developers.
- Conduct DHIS Training for health workers, LIOs, PHCCs, SIOs, Ministry of Health officials and other agencies at LGA, state and national levels. He/she will also develop DHIS training Programs.
- Use communication and information technology to support health structures.
- Data cleaning, sorting, pruning, storing and archiving and analysis of data.
- Perform GIS Map analysis for GIS Projects.
- Perform other tasks given to him by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements Or Other Expertise Required
- First degree in health sciences, computer sciences, statistical analysis or public health.
- Experience in assessing and/or supporting health information systems in Nigeria
- Must have a holistic understanding of Health Information Systems Program
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages.
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Must also have previous experience working with DHIS.
- Experience with STATA, Math Lab. SPSS. CSPRO. Epi Info. SAS.
- Experience with Routine Immunization and Polio Programs or any public health related projects.
- Advanced Academic /Professional qualification will be an added advantage
Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
How to Apply:
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.