Are you seeking a challenging career in a rewarding environment? If yes, this is an opportunity to join Oxfam 12 months full time with a possibility to extend
All positions are based in Abuja, Nigeria (with possible travel to the North East)
Position: Supply and Logistics Officer x2 D1 – National
We are looking to hire passionate and customer-friendly individuals. Bringing extensive previous supply chain and logistics-experience you will be part of a team that will provide technical support in procurement, fleet management, warehousing and property management to the country office. Reporting to the Supply & Logistics Manager, the job holder will be expected to have exemplary-in commitment to Oxfam Novib core values, upholding principles and policies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Procurement and purchasing
- Support identification, evaluation and development of project supply plans and annual procurement plans.
- Coordination and administration of the operational, financial, administrative, and technical operations of the function; serves as a resource to Country office regarding supply chain and logistics processes, procedures, systems and policies.
- Procure and ensure the continuous availability of needs for the smooth running of the Country office, programme and at times field offices; supports the overall team in achieving an on time and within budget delivery of requests without compromising quality and policy objectives.
- Source or support in sourcing of goods and services, focusing on optimising cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement planning and scheduling, inventory minimisation and-customer order fulfilment requirements.
- Support vendor selection processes and select top qualify 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards.
- Ensure that there is an approved requisition for all purchases with valid project/fund numbers dully filled out before any purchase is made; ensures assignment of unique Requisition number to each requisition and ensures proper registration into requisition tracking sheet.
Warehousing and Stock Management
- Ensure receipt of goods is in good order as described on the purchase order and requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving “goods of specific technical nature
- Carry out regular stock reconciliation and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the store
- Produce stock/warehouse management reports on a monthly basis or when required
- Update inventory database sequentially, number of units, serial no., description of property, project no. /voucher no., date acquired, purchase cost, condition, location, user, expected disposal date if applicable.
Year End Inventory Verification
- Conducts annual physical count of property and maintain update file copy.
- Documents discrepancies from the previous inventory such as vehicle accident, damage, condition, location transfer etc.
Transport and Fleet Management
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
Asset and Property Management
- Prepare and register all fixed and non-fixed assets and equipment in the registers according to Oxfam procedures.
- Support assets management, replacement and disposal; ensures timely and accurate asset disposal with proper documentation and entries in the registers.
Administration & Management
- Facilitate hotel and guesthouse bookings for Oxfam staff and visitors, follow-up the presentation of monthly bills and ensure that approved payment request is submitted in a timely manner.
Educational, Experience & Competence Essential
- First Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study. Relevant work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 4 years ”hands-on” working experience in logistics management with an international NGO including 1 year at supervisory level..
- Proven experience of establishing and implementing logistics/procurement systems, warehouse and fleet management.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility. Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative.
Essential Competence for the position:
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and report writing skills. Good analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/work related software etc.)
Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
What we offer
Oxfam (Novib) is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Candidates interested in any of these positions should please email an application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one word or pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of the email before COB Friday 16th June 2017. For more information please send an email to email@example.com
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to closing date. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.