A New Multinational Company specializes in the manufacturing of lubricants and glue requires the service of a young and vibrant
Position: Chemical Engineer/Industrial Chemist
Responsible for the design, development, documentation, and scale-up of glue products to satisfy business goals, and the coordination of lab functions, lab duties, technical support and overall daily project management with appropriate lab personnel and other departments.
- Develop, synthesize, support, and record in appropriate database(s) adhesive compositions based on methacrylate, epoxy, and/or polyurethane chemistries for near-and long-term support and new product development needs for, in particular, the Wind and Transportation growth initiative groups.
- Independently or under the supervision of a team leader, design highly-focused and data-driven new product development projects that yield high valued, differentiated products. This consists of clearly identifying project goals within a stage-gate process, establishing a test strategy, conducting laboratory evaluations and issuing final comprehensive reports.
- Work virtually with other platform laboratories on collaborative projects.
- Routine testing of adhesives and coatings
- Evaluate, collect and record data
- Responsible for organizing and performing experiments
- Summarize and report results in a laboratory notebook
- Record experimental data in computer system
- Maintain data/information including charts and tables for communication of project results/details
- Prepare experimental formulation of novel and commercial coating, adhesive and cleaning products
- Tests performance characteristics of coated substrates using established procedures
- Maintain and calibrate equipment as needed
- Interact with customers on an occasional basis to translate into a new product development project the objectives, product parameters, and beta test results to complete the development process.
- Follow established ISO procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate and work with all internal departments on the technology transfer to scale-up and commercialization, and determine the appropriate design/formulation and product specifications to maximize ease of manufacturing.
- Manage multiple projects/tasks independently and in a team and fully utilize analytical laboratory equipment.
- Manage project work load and schedule to effectively minimize distraction and shorten the commercialization process.
- Assist in training /direction of new personnel, sales and distributor reps.
- Perform and delegate daily functions as required to provide the highest level of technical assistance and customer satisfaction.
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- BSc/B.Eng. in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry.
- Masters degree/Doctorate degrees will be added advantages
Experience: Preferably 5-10 years in a glue and lubricant field.
Skills: Must be a practical, hands-on scientist with good lab technique and problem solving ability. Strong computer, organizational, and destructive/mechanical testing skill. Must be comfortable with the use of power tools. Fluent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. SAP is a plus.
COMPETENCIES: Good computer and data organizing skills. Strong communication, organizational, analytical and investigative skills.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel occasionally to customers, suppliers and trade shows to help support lab work, present results, support new product introductions, perform audits, troubleshoot and provide emergency customer support.
PHYSICAL: Ability to work in tight places on occasion.
Ability to work within a dynamic, changing environment.
Good written and oral communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Strong mechanical and diagnostic ability.
How to Apply:
If you the candidate we are looking for please send your application letters and curriculum vitae to: Joinus@krones.com.ng
not later than 15th August, 2017.