Vacancies: Chief Internal Auditor, Director Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
The positions of the Chief Internal Auditor, Director Information and Technology (ICT), of the Federal University Gusau are vacant. The Governing Council has, therefore, decided to commence the process for the appointment of these positions to fill the vacancies. Consequently, the University hereby invites application from suitably qualified candidates as follows:
Position: Chief Internal Auditor The Responsibilities:
- Supervise, monitor and co-ordinate the activities of Internal Audit Unit;
- Execute Audit Work Plan – short and long range;
- Prepare report for management – Annually, Quarterly and other formal reports for action of the Vice Chancellor;
- Design standard audit programme and review from time to time;
- Monitor the performance and efficiency of the various functions of the Audit Unit;
- Prepare memoranda on Audit procedures; and
- Perform other duties assigned by the Vice Chancellor;
- A minimum of a good Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Possess a professionally recognized Accounting and Finance qualifications such as ANAN, ICAN, or ACCA;
- Twelve (12) years of relevant cognate experience eight (8) of which should be in a University environment. He /she must have reached the position of Principal Internal Auditor and has served waiting period for Chief Internal Auditor;
- Be competent in relevant computer/ICT and other Accounting Packages; and
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in the appropriate fields will be an added advantage.
- Must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social or financial embarrassment;
- Enjoy good physical and mental health;
- Must meet the normal waiting period for position of Principal Internal Auditor or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal, aptitude and written communication skills; and
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
Condition of Service
- The remuneration and conditions of service and salaries are as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria and may be determined by the University Governing Council.
Position: Director Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
- To prepare strategic and operational plans for the Information communications Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary tools, processes, services and systems are in place to meet the short- and long term goals of the University;
- To ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies and infrastructure related to ICT services, including security, management information, web services, library automation, and other network services and resources;
- To develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the University’s ICT services and to ensure that resources are used to provide best in class ICT services that are in line with the University’s growth; and
- To direct, supervises and nurture ICT staff to ensure they fulfill their duties in the ICT function.
- A minimum of a good Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- A higher degree and professional certifications such as in networking, software development, hardware, and web development would have added advantages.
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant cognate experience in a University environment with at least ten (10) years in managerial position.
Must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
Be free from any moral, social or financial embarrassment;
Enjoy good physical and mental health;
Must meet the normal waiting period for position of deputy director or equivalent;
Excellent verbal, aptitude and written communication skills; and Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
Condition of Service
The Director shall hold office for a period of five (5) years renewable. The remuneration and conditions of service and salaries are as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria and may be determined by the University Governing Council.
Method of Application:
Candidates are required to forward thirty copies (30) of their typed applications with photocopies their certificates and details curriculum vitae, giving the following details among others – Name, Age, Nationality, Marital Status, Educational Institutions attended, with dates, Academic, Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates, working experience (i.e. posts held, duration and salary earned) to:
Not later than 11th August, 2017.
Federal University Gusau
P.M.B. 1001 Gusau