Position: Tuberculosis (TB) Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Division: International Health (IHD)
Contract: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus (SHOPS Plus)
Supervisors: SHOPS Plus Chief of Party
Abt Associates is seeking a TB expert with clinical and public health experience to serve as TB Advisor on the SHOPS Plus project in Nigeria. This person will provide technical guidance to increase TB services in the private sector. The goal of the program is to capacitate private providers to scale up TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Nigeria. This position will be based in Lagos and cover activities in Lagos and Kano States. Applicants must be a Nigerian or have a work permit for Nigeria, www.shopsplusproject.org www.abtassociates.com
(1) Provide technical guidance on TB services, including case finding, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up.
(2) Develop a strategy to mitigate TB in the community, including contact tracing, defaulter tracking, and information dissemination.
(3) Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/ from the public sector, as necessary.
(4) Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the public sector, especially with the National and State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programs.
(5) Prepare technical reports on the SHOPS Plus TB program.
(6) Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data.
(7) Participate in technical working groups on infectious diseases.
(8) Provide technical guidance to the intermediary organizations that will coordinate services in the private sector in both Lagos and Kano.
(9) Lead adaptation of existing NTB national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program.
(10) Supervise other technical staff on the project.
(i) Medical degree with atleast 4 years’ experience in TB service provision.
(ii) Demonstrated experience in public private mix in TB service provision.
(iii) Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
(iv) Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
(v) Knowledge of Nigerian private health sector
(vi) Experience with USAID TB programs or Global Fund grants preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons are required to send in their application letter, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of credentials and previous work reports or documentary to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd August 2017