Vacancies: SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER, PRODUCTION OPERATOR, HEAD, SUBSURFACE
Our client is a leading marginal field operator in the upstream oil and gas sector in Nigeria. They are looking to recruit suitable candidates for their growing operations for the following positions:
POSITION: SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership for the reservoir engineering discipline in line with achieving consistently high standards in all aspects of reservoir engineering related studies and operations. He/she will ensure reservoirs are optimally managed to meet current and future production plans and oversee the acquisition, deployment and optimization of subsurface technologies and tools.
The role is responsible for:
- Determining optimum methods of maximizing oil recovery and enhancing individual well performance by conducting reservoir simulation studies
- Ensuring production and recoveries are optimal by monitoring production from the field, analyzing all relevant data and ensuring that reservoirs are being properly managed
- Performing reservoir engineering studies related to classical analytical techniques (material balance analysis, fractional flow, decline analysis, numerical techniques) for primary depletion and secondary recovery (water/gas injection) projects
The role reports to the Head, Subsurface.
- Minimum of BSc/HND in Petroleum Engineering or any related field
- Minimum often (10) years’ reservoir management experience with an E & P company or specialist service company
- SPE or any related professional qualifications will be ideal
POSITION: PRODUCTION OPERATOR
The purpose of this position is to manage the day to day production operations in the facility and to ensure that crude oil of the right quality and quantity are produced dairy in line with the highest safety standards and regulatory policies.
The role is responsible for:
- Monitoring all Group Gathering Facility(GGF) operations using Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Managing the entire surface production equipment from wellheads to crude oil transfer units
- Carrying out well head surveillance such as checking flow rates, pressure, temperature, levels etc for producing and intermittent wells
- Managing crude oil custody transfer operations with the use of PLC controls
The role reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Minimum of B5c/HND in Engineering. A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7years’experience in production operations
- NSE, SPE membership will be an added advantage
POSITION: HEAD, SUBSURFACE
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the subsurface team is effectively managed to optimize well delivery. He/she is expected to play a major role in the formulation of company growth plans by providing leadership on subsurface matters and driving efforts to maximize the value of the field and additional portfolio of assets.
The role is responsible for
- Driving efforts to maximize the value of the field and additional portfolio of assets through effective management of producing field(s) by maximising production, optimizing recovery and minimizing costs
- Planning and managing new field development and commercial activities in line with company corporate objectives and principles
- Coordinate the subsurface team set-up with the aim of staffing with highly competent personnel capable of performing in-house studies and appraisal of new ventures
- Managing a team of multi-discipline staff and promote cross discipline interactions and knowledge acquisition, motivate and encourage them to work effectively and efficiently to provide the quality of works and actions necessary to meet the objectives of the subsurface team
- Promoting and evaluate the application of new and emerging technologies in company’s upstream activities
- Ensuring the implementation of all project execution activities within the subsurface team.
- Managing and be responsible for the all capital expenditure related to all works and studies.
- Demonstrating and communicate commitment to the HSE Policy and to the HSE MS
- Supervising, mentor, motivate and competently develop staff
The role reports directly to Executive Director, Technical.
- Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Engineering, Geology or any related field. Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ practical subsurface experience with an operating company, with at least 5 years in a management/leadership role.
All interested candidates should send updated copies of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or 9th October 2017