Vacancies: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT TO THE MD, PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIST, SECURITY OFFICER
Our client is a LEADING MARGINAL FIELD OPERATOR IN THE UPSTREAM OIL AND GAS SECTOR in Nigeria. They are looking to recruit suitable candidates for their growing operations for the following positions:
POSITION: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT TO THE MD
The purpose of this role is to provide high level support to the Managing Director in all areas of business concerns including providing necessary data for strategy planning and implementation, developing technical reports, reporting on all areas of business risks and performance. He/she will also be responsible for liaising with senior management departmental heads, corporate and regulatory officials on behalf of the Managing Director on selected issues.
The role is responsible for
- Data analysis, researching and presenting accurate statistics, relevant figures and facts needed by the Managing Director (MD) for the management of the business
- Organizing business review meetings chaired by the MD to track operational performance
- Working with the Managing Director to prepare and present reports, proposals and related documents relevant for maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Managing performance dashboards for tracking the company’s progress and reporting performance to the Managing Director on timely basis.
The role reports to the Managing Director.
- Minimum BSc/HND in Engineering or any related field
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience with an E& P company or specialist service company
- Membership in any relevant professional body will be an added advantage
POSITION: PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIST
The purpose of this role is to provide technical and operational support on all production engineering, drilling and completion matters for maximizing the economic recovery of the company’s reserves. He/ she will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating well, reservoir and field performance together with all attendant production technology aspects as well as engaging in problem identification and solving in connection with the total production process. The role is responsible for
- Monitoring and evaluating well, reservoir and field performance with a view to optimizing daily production and recoverable reserves through the design of well completions (particularly horizontal completions) and artificial lift methods, understanding the constraints on the wells, reservoirs and facilities
- Identifying areas of poor performance and formulating solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity
- Initiating and participating in the design and programming of well completions, in particular horizontal completions, with the aim of optimizing well inflow performance for the (mostly horizontal) liner completions
- Providing Production Technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, risks and uncertainties, etc
The role reports to the Head, Subsurface
- Minimum of a BSc/HND in Petroleum Engineering or any related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical production technology experience with an operating company
- SPE or any related professional qualifications will be ideal
POSITION: SECURITY OFFICER
The purpose of this position is to provide operational support to the security team in all aspects of security management including intelligence gathering, risk identification and aversion. Also in assisting the security advisor to gather information necessary to embed sound security strategies and practices to enhance the safety & security of company staff, operations and assets.
The role is responsible for
- Participating in Intelligence gathering, security incident reporting and ensures the appropriate dissemination of information during emergencies
- Conducting initial investigations of security incidents and providing investigation reports
- Supporting security risk assessments and the implementation of control measures in line with company’s safety processes and procedures
- Providing timely support in the development and implementation of security strategies, practices and processes.
The role reports to the Security Advisor.
- Minimum BSc/BA/HND in any relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in security management in an oil & gas company or specialist security company
- Membership in any relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
All interested candidates should send updated copies of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or 9th October 2017