Position: Programme Officer – Trachoma
Office location Kaduna (x2) and Sokoto (x2) (15 months fixed term contract)
The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust (QEOJT) is expanding its support to the trachoma elimination programme in Nigeria. This includes support to Trachomatous Trichiasis Surgeries (TT Surgery) and mass administration medicines as well as other initiatives in the national trachoma elimination programme. The Trust is expected to directly cover over 80 Local Government Areas and with the Federal Ministry of Health taking the lead on delivering this and preparing the dossier for trachoma elimination in Nigeria. The role will coordinate and support the oversight of the quality assurance of trichiasis surgeries in the Sightsavers supported states and adherence to preferred practice for Trichiasis,
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support the Senior Programme Manager (S. F & E) in the overall coordination of distribution of trichiasis towards the elimination of trachoma in Nigeria
- Participates in state micro planning for trichiasis surgeries towards the elimination of trachoma in Nigeria
- Support coordination of implementation of trichiasis surgery and ensure adherence to work, plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs and targets in each state
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Support the Senior Programme Manager (S, F & E) m monitoring and supervision of Trichiasis surgeries and clearing TT backlogs and adherence to preferred practices.
- Conduct monthly programme site visits and follow up on outstanding issues as an integral part of the position.
- The person will be responsible for guiding the overall Trichiasis Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) strategy, managing the interventions and use of M&E methodology/approaches to meet proposed goals.
- Support in the determination of district by district, how many Trichiasis interventions are needed to reach the ultimate intervention goal
- Collate and review all Trichiasis surgery data from the states and report to all relevant partners and stakeholders
- Investigate all reports of all
- Mid-level Ophthalmic Nurse with at least three to five years’ experience on Trichiasis surgery, an experience in community eye health would be an added advantage
- Experience and demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
- Experience m monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Experience in the management of donors supported programmes.
- Skills (Special Training or Competence)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver group training sessions
- People management skills with a strong understanding of culturally and ethnically sensitive issues.
Closing Date: 3rd November 2017
How to Apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to email@example.com
The salaries for all the roles will be based on local terms and conditions. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
Please not that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgments for submitted applications. We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview. If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion