Care International in Nigeria is seeking qualified candidates for immediate for the
POSITION: ASSISTANT (H/F) IN CHARGE OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Under the supervision of foe SRH Project Manager, the Assistant (H/F) in charge of Community Involvement will have the following job responsibilities;
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of community dialogue and communication activities for behavioural change in the community in collaboration community partners.
- Together with key stakeholders to the community identify potentially changeable health behaviors and practices, barriers to the use of family planning services and post-abortion care and develop strategies and approaches to overcome barriers and increase demand.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the business and work plan and ensure the quality of implementation.
- Support community partners on the use of data collection tools to evaluate program outcomes.
- Advocate with local partners to implement strategies to reach all levels and categories of the population.
- Establish a Community Facilitators’ Committee around each supported health facility to ensure community dialogue sessions and clients referrals.
- Identity the needs of the community partners and provide them with the necessary technical and material assistance.
- Work closely with foe project leader to identity and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Ensure the regular collection of data from the community dialogue activities of the community partners, compile and analyze the data collected in order to make recommendations to the site project manager.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the time limit
- With the Health District team, provide monthly supervision of community facilitators and monitoring of their skills.
- Ensure that foe best practices identified during the analysis of the results, during the supervision and exchange meetings are disseminated and applied by all the community partners.
- Ensure that community facilitators follow-up clients on short- term methods
- Ensure that health providers and community facilitators conduct monthly data analysis meetings and participate in them.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the social analysis and action and to the follow up of the changes occurring in the community due to the impact of the project
- Contribute to the development of selection criteria for facilitators and community partners to work with.
- Contribute to the preparation of training sessions for community facilitators.
- Organize exchange and experience-sharing meetings with community facilitators during quarterly reviews of activities.
- Ensure that the necessary information is collected, analyzed and used in the management and planning of community engagement activities.
- Education equivalent to at least B.Sc. + 3 in Health Sciences, Sociology, Social Communication or Management.
- Communicating training is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in planning and implementing communication programs for behavioural change.
- Experience working with international organization would be a major asset.
- Experience in a health project especially sexual and reproductive health in an international NGO is also an asset.
- Familiarity with the working environment and the partnership between the Ministry of Health and National Health Programs.
- Previous experience in social mobilization and facilitation of training sessions
- Working experience for refugees and/or displaced populations in an emergency context desirable.
- Mastery in the following computer tool: Words, Excel, PowerPoint internet (Required)
- Ability to provide formative supervision, monitoring and evaluation of community engagement activities
- Ability to ensure quality data collection, compile and analyse to formulate relevant recommendations
- Ability to write quality reports in French and submit them on time
- Disciplined, organised, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multi-cultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE s Core values and gender
- Know how to ride a motorcycle over long distances and good interpersonal relations
Method of Application
Interested candidate (s) should submit their applications and detailed CVs electronically to:
Addendum: Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV at 289 Amolai Road, GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State
Closing date for the submission is 25th October 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: Positions are based in Maiduguri Borno State