Care International in Nigeria is seeking qualified candidates for immediate for the
Position: ASSISTANT (M/F) CLINICAL COMPONENT
- Under the supervision of the SRH Manager/ Project Manager, the Assistant (H / F) in charge of the Clinical Component will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of the program, monitoring and evaluation of sexual and reproductive health activities in the FOSAs supported.
- Develop a work plan for the activities to be implemented.
- Conduct monthly facilitating Supervisions of the FOSA in collaboration with the Health District Executive Team.
- Ensure the regular collection of data in the supported FOSAs, compile in the database clinical data and analysis of the data collected in order to make recommendations to the supported health structures and foe Project Manager/GP
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together FOSA providers, community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the date, identity the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions.
- Ensure that the FOSA have foe stocks necessary for the supply of services and that there is no stock shortage.
- Make monthly stock inventories of products and equipment.
- Contribute to the organization of training sessions for providers.
- Contribute to the preparation of assessment and monitoring missions.
- Make regular assessment of the clinical competencies of the forms providers and develop coaching plans for the non- proficient providers.
- Work closely with the GP or Project Manager and foe Community Engagement Assistant to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the allotted time and submit them to the GP/CP.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during foe analysis of the results, during the supervisory and exchange meetings are disseminated and applied in all foe FOSAs supported.
- Maintain good relations with foe AOSOs supported.
- Participate in the development of new projects.
- Participate in the development of budgets and expenditure plans.
- Medical Doctor/Midwife or TSSI
- Postgraduate training in public health is an asset (University Degree)
- DMU/SR Training, Family Planning and Post-Abortion care is also an asset
- Training in Project planning, monitoring and evaluation equally an asset
- 3-5 years experience in clinical medical practices
- Previous experiences in reproductive health and supporting health structures are assets
- Experience working for refugees and/or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable
- Mastery of National R&D policy and the following computer tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Ability to conduct training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring evaluation of medical activities
- Ability to analyse data to formulate relevant recommendations, write quality reports in French and submit them on time
- Disciplined, organised, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multi-cultural work environment, tolerance, respect CAREs Core values and gender
Method of Application
Interested candidate (s) should submit their applications and detailed CVs electronically to:
Addendum: Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV at 289 Amolai Road, GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State
Closing date for the submission is 25th October 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: Positions are based in Maiduguri Borno State