FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (SPECIAL), OYO
VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF COLLEGE LIBRARIAN
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the COLLEGE LIBRARIAN.
The Position: College Librarian
The College Librarian is responsible for formulation of Library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments for book requirements;
Preparation of Library Budget and
Giving Professional advice on Library matters
Responsible to the Provost for the smooth running of the College Library.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must possess a minimum of Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised University with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
Must have relevant publications in Journal and text books equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer.
Must be Computer literate and be familiar with operation of a computerised Library services.
Applicants must have worked in a similar tertiary institution at the level of Chief Librarian or its equivalents for not less than three (3) years.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
These are as approved for the Federal Colleges of Education and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
The College Librarian shall hold office for five (5) years in the first instance subject to reappointment for one further term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance of duties
The remuneration for the post of College Librarian is CONPCASS 9 with other applicable allowances as approved by Government.
The Candidate shall not be more than fifty-five (55) years as at the date of assumption of duties, must be of sound health
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their application with photocopies of their credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following;
(1) Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
(2) Post Desired Date and place of Birth
(3) Permanent home address
(4) Contact address, postal address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address.
(6) State of Origin
(7) Marital Status
(8) Number and ages of Children
(9) Educational institutions attended with dates
(10) Academics Professional Qualification Obtained including Membership of Professional Bodies.
(11) Work Experience, including full details of former and present position.
(12) Present employer, post and salary.
(13) List of Publications (if any)
(14) Other relevant activities outside Current Employment
(15) Other details that would be added advantage
(16) Extra Curriculum activities
(17) Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
All applications and other correspondence addressed to the Registrar should be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope sealed and marked “Post of College Librarian” to reach the Office of The Registrar, Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo not later than six weeks 4th December 2017) from the date of this advertisement. In addition, applicants should request their referees to forward reports on them to same address within the stipulated period.
Only candidates short-listed for the interview would be acknowledged.