Position: Coordinator Technical Manager (S,F & E)
Office location: Kaduna (15 months fixed term contract
The Technical Manager will provide technical support and oversee the management of the Queen Elizabeth Diamond jubilee Trust (QEDJT) supported Trichiasis surgery within the DFID supported Integrated NTD project This resource will work closely with the NTD Coordination Programme Director and implementing partners to ensure the delivery of the programme targets and monitoring of programme activities and work with the state teams to ensure quality assurance.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support the NTD Coordination Programme Director to provide effective management coordination and technical advice to the programme to ensure the delivery of the programme targets
- Support coordination of implementation of trichiasis surgery plans and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs and targets in each state
Monitoring. Evaluation and Reporting
- Support the NTO Coordination Programme Director in monitoring the implementation of the TT surgeries in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Niger, Zamfara and Yobe States
- Support the in monitoring and supervision of Trichiasis surgeries and clearing TT backlogs and adherence to preferred practices.
- Support the NTD Coordination Programme Director in ensuring the use of monitoring toots developed for trichiasis surgery in the states.
- Support the NTD Coordination Programme Director in reviewing the evidence provided by partners for the delivery of milestones for payment
- Support in monitoring of surgical quality, patient satisfaction, and data quality during the 3-6
- Post graduate Degree m Eye Health Public Health, Biological Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5-6 years of working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five PCT NTDs.
- Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
Closing Date: 3rd November 2017
How to Apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to email@example.com
The salaries for all the roles will be based on local terms and conditions. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
Please not that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgments for submitted applications. We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview. If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion