Position: Driver/Administrative Assistant
Office location: Kaduna (x2) and Abuja (x1) (15 months fixed term contract)
- To drive staff in the office as well as visiting Sightsavers staff and consultants when necessary as part of The Trust project in Nigeria and to ensure the maintenance and safety of assigned office vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office as directed.
Principal accountabilities: Driving (60%)
- Drive safely within the taws of the country at all times and with respect for other road users pedestrians
- Act as driver for Sightsavers staff and partner to carry out all official duties
- Pick Sightsavers staff and partners to & from airport where this service is not outsourced
- Drive Sightsavers vehicle as appropriate for official errands
- Maintenance of Vehicles (15%)
- Check fuel, oil and water daily and fill up as necessary.
- Keep vehicles in a dean condition inside and outside
- Check tyres, log books, tools, etc and test drive each vehicle once a week
- Undertake routine maintenance of vehicles, including simple repairs
- Ensures vehicles are regularly serviced and advise the Administrative Officer when servicing is required and/or when defects,’ problems arise
- Lock up vehicles with security locks and/ or alarms
- Keep a maintenance record of vehicles eg. replacement of major parts tyres, batteries, body spraying, etc.
- Office Errands
- Transact business with the banks on foreign currencies for staff related travels.
- Maintain liaison with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visa’s and renewal of passports and work permits
- Assist in picking up invoices for procuring logistics.
- Payment of statutory obligations.
- Administrative support (10%)
- Assist with the organisation of various office events (seminar, plenaries. meetings, workshops. Away Days etc)
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and filing as and when required.
- Monitor electricity/generator usage
- Perform other admin duties as required.
- Jobholder entry requirements – the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required
- Knowledge (Education & Related Experience)
- Basic Education Certificate (BECE) (BEPCs)
- Trade Test Certificate
- 3-5 years driving experience
- Experience with working with NGOs
- Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Attention to detail
- Good command of spoken English/ French (As appropriate)
Closing Date: 3rd November 2017
How to Apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The salaries for all the roles will be based on local terms and conditions. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
Please not that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgments for submitted applications. We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview. If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion