Position/Job Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Abuja
Reporting To: The NBA President & General Secretary.
The Nigerian Bar Association, NBA is a non-profit association of legal practitioners entitled to practice in Nigeria. It has a National Secretariat located in Abuja. The National Secretariat is the central and coordinating internal governance organ of the NBA. It is responsible for implementing all the programmes, policies, strategy, and objectives of the NBA in line with organizational strategy, it coordinates the necessary monitoring & evaluation, compliance, quality control and progress report.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the General Secretary and leadership of the President, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing, planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and implementing NBA policies, programmes, directives, and strategic plan as determined from time to time by the NBA National Executive Committee, NEC, President and General Secretary of the NBA.
In particular, Executive Director will perform the following duties:
(1) He/she shall coordinate and oversee the day to day general administration and management of NBA National Secretariat.
(2) Manage and administer the National Secretariat human, financial and other resources effectively to achieve the objectives of the NBA.
(3) Coordinate and ensure the effective and efficient implementation of NBA Strategic Plan, programmes, policies, decisions and resolutions of AGM, NEC, and President.
(4) Develop programmes, initiatives and projects that relate to the regulatory, representative, re-engineering and public interest roles of the NBA.
(5) Review approved plans and budgets as part of annual planning and budgeting cycle, and make recommendations to the President and General Secretary accordingly.
(6) Ensure that an annual plan and budget are prepared and resented to President and General Secretary for their presentation at the NBA National Executive Committee.
(7) Oversee the researching and drafting of policies, working papers, memoranda of understanding, briefs, concept notes and other original materials for the NBA Leadership.
(8) Design and oversee fundraising initiatives and strategies with a view to generating revenue for the NBA.
(9) Design and develop Business Development, sponsorship and advertising initiatives for the purpose of creating different streams of income for the NBA.
(10) To create measures and promote initiatives that will result in professionalizing the National Secretariat and enhancing its capacity to meet the needs of Nigerian lawyers.
(11) To supervise and administer all the Directorates in the National Secretariat and their various Heads with a view to ensuring that they are effectively and diligently fulfilling their mandate.
(12) To ensure that all members of staff comply with the policies, rules and regulations of the NBA National Secretariat as contained in the Personnel Human Resources Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Handbook, and Nigerian Lawyers. Also to ensure dispassionate application of the rules and regulations to any member of staff whenever the need arises.
(13) To assist all NBA governance structure and platforms like Committees, Forums, Sections, Institutes in coordinating and implementing their programmes, plans, priorities and goal
(14) Develop and initiate policies and programmes that promote and ensure synergy between the NBA National leadership and all other NBA organs and structure like Branches, Committees, Forums, Institutes
(15) Facilitate and promote collaboration and partnership with local and international organizations and Development Partners.
(16) Manage and ensure smooth transition from one outgoing NBA leadership/administration to an in-coming administration.
(17) Ensure continuity and consistency of programmes and policies of successive NBA administration.
(18) Facilitate and ensure the implementation of the Presidential Plan of the NBA President during his/her administration and tenure in office.
(19) Develop implementation plans for effective and efficient implementation of NBA programmes, policies, and strategy.
(20) Ensure the timely monitoring and evaluation of programmes, policies, Plans and milestones using the necessary monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and tools.
(21) Provide international best practice policies, programmes and strategic planning recommendations, support and advise to the leadership of NBA.
(22) Provide active assistance and support in working with external stakeholders and Partners to maintain or enhance existing relationships to the benefit of NBA as well as to actively participate in building relationships and partnerships with new donor and stakeholders.
(23) Motivate and support staff members by fostering teamwork and ensuring that objectives are achieved. Also address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner, and encourage healthy working relationships within a multi-cultural setting.
(24) To carry out any other duties and assignments that may be assigned by NEC, President and General Secretary as the need arises.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Executive Director shall be holder of a University Degree in Law or Humanities or social sciences from a university recognized by the appropriate authority. A post graduate degree in relevant fields shall be an added advantage
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in any other international language(s) may be an added advantage
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
Attractive and Competitive
HOW TO APPLY
NBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Interested applicants should submit their CV with their letters of application or expression of interest to the Nigerian Bar Association email: email@example.com or send hard copy to Office of the General Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association, National Secretariat, Plot 1101, Muhammed Buhari Way, Cadastral Zone, Central Business District, Abuja.
Deadline for This Application
The deadline for this application is 20th November, 2017