Experienced Oil Traders in a Downstream Company
We are one of the flagship companies in Nigeria’s downstream petroleum industry, reputed for quality, diversity and international footholds. As part of our expansion plan, we require vibrant, resourceful and innovative individuals to strengthen our Imports & Exports department.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Accounting or Economics. A Master’s in Business Administration (M BA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience working as a Trader in reputable, downstream oil major
- Ability to handle the pressure of working in a dynamic and result oriented environment.
- Good relationship with International and local suppliers.
- Working knowledge of basic Nigeria and West Africa Import/ Export/ Maritime Laws, DPR regulations as well as SONCAP (Standard Organisation of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Program)
- Versatility with Banking Instruments, especially Letters of credit in-terms of issuing and liquidating, Computing profitability casts as well as Costs of Operations- including Vessel hire, Agency and Berthing of Vessels
- Must be mature, knowledgeable and astute planner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the Import and Export of Petroleum products for the Company.
- Ensuring the availability of Products at all depots/ terminals of the company at al I times
- Liaising with Banks for issuance of BGs/ LCs as required, dealing with International and local suppliers
- Improving profitability by rightly/ timely sourcing of products.
- Provision of market forecasts, trend analyses, and competition analyses, and giving timely feedback to the Management on emerging trends to improve profitability.
- Liaising with regulatory agencies, including DPR, NIMASA, SON, N PA, etc.
- Attractive and competitive remuneration packages and challenging prospects await the successful candidates.
Method of Application:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward soft copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd October, 2017.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.