Position: Programme Manager
Office location: Kaduna (15 months fixed term contract)
Purpose of the role
The Programme Manager is responsible for implementing programme(s) that are supported by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust project in Kebbi State and the DFID UNITED NTD project in Kaduna and Zamfara States. The role will also be responsible for overseeing the development, design, budget, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes. The post holder will in addition be able to identify and contribute to programme growth and development (scalability) in collaboration with partners and colleagues
Key accountabilities (specific activities and end results)
Strategic Programme Planning and Development
- Participate in strategic planning processes to successfully drive the direction and delivery of cost-effective services and ensure objectives are met in line with national policies and NTD elimination goals m Nigeria with focus on Zamfara, Kebbi and Kaduna States
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, lead the development of the donor funded programmes level action and implementation plans for NTDs
- Provide leadership and guidance to the programme to ensure that prevalence trends are
- Programme Management
- Provide effective management, coordination, technical advice and resource allocation necessary to donor funded programmes in the three states
- Support the states to establish and maintain effective relationships with other partners in order to advance sustainable state plans and integrate them into the existing public health delivery systems.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead on supporting implementing partners in developing a system for monitoring and evaluating programme performance.
- Provide direction and support to assist country research teams and help them to identify operational research opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of trachoma elimination efforts.
- Advocacy and Strategic Affiances
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with a variety of partners and other stakeholders at state, national and international level in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility
- Represent Sightsavers at appropriate national/regional/global fora.
- Ensure programme information flow is maintained across the Sightsavers’ country teams and directorates, the Ministries of Health and other key partners
- Provide assistance in identifying possible funding sources to support programme delivery and work with other colleagues and partners to secure those funds
- The principle accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks
- The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed. Jobholder Entry Requirements â€“
- The essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required
- Knowledge (Education 4 Related Experience)
- Post graduate Degree in Public Health. Biological Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of programme/ project management, ideally in an INGO environment
- Significant experience of strategic programme development.
- Technical knowledge on Trachoma and any other PCT NTD in Nigeria.
- Experience of managing an integrated NTD programme in Africa, ideally in an international context
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
- Understanding of the health system in Nigeria
- Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to influence high-level government officials and NGO leaders.
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans.
Closing Date: 3rd November 2017
How to Apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to email@example.com
The salaries for all the roles will be based on local terms and conditions. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
Please not that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgments for submitted applications. We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview. If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion