Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
Advertisement for the Appointment of Registrar (Internal and External)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the post of Registrar of the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day to day administrative work of the College. He/she acts in advisory capacity on rules, regulations and procedures of the college and keeps custody of the college records and documents.
Qualification And Experience:
( a) Candidate for the post must possess a good honours degree from a recognised institution of higher learning plus at least eighteen years (18) cognate experience, or a holder of master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning, plus at least twelve (12) years’ of cognate experience.
(b) Candidates should have spent a minimum of three (3) years on the Position of Deputy Registrar.
Salary And Conditions Of Service
These are as approved for the Federal Colleges of Education and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities. The Registrar shall hold office for five (5) years in the first instance, subject to reappointment for one further term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance of duties.
The remuneration for the post of Registrar is CONTEDISS 15 with other applicable allowances as be approved by Government. The Candidate shall not be more than fifty-five (55) years as at the date of assumption of duties, must be of sound health, with proven personal integrity, intellectual and professional soundness and Computer literate. He / She must fully understand the College of Education Working System.
Method Of Application
Applicants are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their application with photocopies of their credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following;
(1) Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
(2) Post Desired Date and place of Birth
( 3) Permanent home address
(4) Contact address, postal address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address.
( 5) Nationality
( 6) State of Origin
(7) Marital Status
(8) Number and ages of Children
(9) Educational institutions attended with dates
(10) Academics Professional Qualification Obtained including Membership of Professional Bodies.
(11) Work Experience, including full details of former and present position.
(12) Present employer, post and salary.
(13) List of Publications (if any)
(14) Other relevant activities outside Current Employment
(15) Other details that would be added advantage
(16) Extra Curriculum activities
(17) Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
All applications and other correspondence addressed to the Provost should be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope sealed and marked “Post of Registrar” to reach the Office of The Provost, Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo not later than six weeks(4th December 2017) from the date of this advertisement. In addition, applicants should request their referees to forward reports on them to same address within the stipulated period. Only candidates short-listed for the interview would be acknowledged.