Job Title: Senior HR Officer
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Summary: The Senior HR Officer will be responsible for all Human Resources tasks in line with USAID rules and regulations as well as Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations. This position will be responsible for working closely with all technical, finance and admin teams as well as serve as a liaison between the Abuja office and Project HQ.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties will be assigned.
- Coordinate all hiring details for new staff from drafting the SOW to organizing interviews to submitting the paperwork to Baltimore to liaising with successful candidates
- Ensure proper on boarding of new project staff including orientation to office processes and procedures, personnel manual and any other questions
- Track all staff leave and update staff on leave balances
- Keep all HR files up to date
- Ensure staff time sheets are collected on time with the proper documentation
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities with time
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a closely related subject required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of HR specific experience on USAID funded projects in Nigeria.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law is required which will be tested for all successful candidates.
Language Skills: Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in at least one other Nigerian language required.
Application: To apply for this position, please apply via: https://healthcomspringboard.org/jobs by 5pm (Abuja time) Sunday October 22, 2017.
Finalists will undergo an extensive background check.