Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMT) is an end-to-end Engineering design, consulting, production and services company with extensive multi-plant capabilities. We are the leading manufacturer of machine tools and implements, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our plant facilities, assembly and production capacities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex spares, implements, machine tools and varied equipment services.
NMTL is further engaged in the manufacture and production of industrial spare parts and integrity stud bolt and nuts, flanges for oil and gas, energy and power, other manufacturing, iron and steel industries; manpower training in various engineering and technological fields; provision of after-sales and consultancy services; thus, influencing the growth of up and down stream industries associated with machine tools. The company also manufactures and assembles agricultural tractors and implements under its proprietary BULL trademark.
As part of its expansion plan, the company is seeking to engage the services of resourceful and competent professionals for the position below
Position: FINANCE MANAGER
This position is responsible for financial management and day to day analysis and reporting of factory finances. The jobholder oversees accounting and finance and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, effectiveness of the accounting system and compliance with regulatory and operational standards.
Key Responsibilities include
- To manage the factory – sales – Business development finance function
- Lead all cost accounting and general accounting operations
- Response for product costing and variance analysts
- Provide profitably of the SBU’s activity
- Continuous review and monitoring of material, labor and burden accounts to ensure proper reporting
- Supervise the maintenance of manufacturing ledgers, cost accounting activities, and the preparation of plant financial and other control reports
- Develop the plant’s budget & forecasts accurately to ensure financial accountability
- Close financial books every period, report results and explain variances
- Manage the budget; monitor budget implementation, highlight deviations and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Provide and interpret financial information for practical application to guide operations across departments and the factory.
- Manage the factory’s accounting systems and procedures, ensure they are up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements; review and ensure accuracy of accounting records; ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Facilitate and coordinate the preparation of year end closing and financial statements.
- Provide period and ad-hoc reports and financial analysis as required to support management decision making.
- Prepare monthly and other periodic financial results including various analyses, highlighting financial KPIs performances versus target.
- Minimum of first degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- ACA, ACCA, CFA or any other professional qualification in relevant discipline
- MBA will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a structured organization part of which must be in manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to prepare financial report and interpret accounting figures.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to monitor appropriate financial measures: interpret and use data to help in decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to collaborate, consult and share information with managers
- Ability to identify problems or risks and make suggestion to mitigate them
- Sound knowledge of financial and government guidelines.
- Computer savvy and sound knowledge of accounting packages.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their CV electronically to: email@example.com