Health Systems Consult (HSCL) is a health systems and public health consulting firm providing technical assistance for health systems reforms towards universal access to cost-effective and quality health care across Africa. | HSCL has offices in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia.
HSCL is-a member of the consortium that will be implementing the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded Demand Side Financing (DSF) Project in Kaduna and Niger States, Nigeria. The 3-year DSF Project will provide technical assistance and capacity building services to the two states for the design and implementation of DSF scheme(s) to improve access to quality Primary Health Care (PHC) services.
HSCL is seeking qualified candidates for the following project-based positions;
State Team Lead/DSF Advisor
Location: Kaduna and Niger States
Reports to: The Associate Director – Health Financing, Abuja
(1) The DSF Advisor will lead the state team in conducting analytics for generation of evidence on state readiness for DSF.
(2) Support state actors in the review and refinement of existing healthcare financing bill and support efforts in facilitating stakeholder mobilisation and generating political will for the passage and. implementation of the bill
(3) Work closely with state actors in designing DSF/healthcare financing options based on evidence generated from the readiness assessment.
(4) Provide technical assistance in adapting and harmonising preferred DSF/healthcare financing options to existing healthcare finandng initiatives and healthcare reforms in the state.
(5) Provide technical assistance to state actors in developing an implementation roadmap arid operational plan to guide the implementing the preferred DSF/healthcare financing options. Support will also extend to review and update of the operational and implementation plans to reflect implementation realities.
(6) The DSF Advisor will also be responsible for building the capacity of state actors on aft areas of health care financing including revenue generation, revenue and risk pooling, and strategic purchasing.
(7) Work with the TPAs to develop strategies for capacity transfer from TPAs to state actors.
(8) Facilitate engagements with state-level stakeholders.
(9) Support the HSS/M&E Officer in designing and Implementing the project M & E plan.
(10) Supervise activities of the State HSS/M&E Officer
(11) Lead implementation of project workplan and tracking deliverables
(12) Provide regular projects progress updates to state-level Stakeholders and central team.
Undergraduate qualification in Health economics, Health Financing, Public
Health or similar fields is inquired while post-graduate qualifications in these fields with the preferable.
(1) At least 4 years demonstrated experience in implementing health financing/health insurance programs
(2) Demonstrated representational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
(3) Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management and capacity building.
(4) Knowledge of the Nigerian health sector and health financing landscape
(5) Knowledge/work experience in the preferred state or its environs and ability to speak the local language(s) will be preferable.
State Health Systems Strengthening/Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Kaduna & Niger States
Reports to: State Team Lead/DSF Advisor Responsibilities
The HSS/M&E Officer will be responsible for:
(1) Providing support to the DSF Advisor and the state in conducting a readiness assessment for DSF.
(2) Supporting the DSF Advisor in designing DSF/health financing options •s based on evidence generated from the assessment.
(3) Providing technical assistance for identification and integration of preferred DSF/health financing options with other health financing and health systems lengthening initiatives.
(4) Supporting the DSF Advisor in developing an implementation roadmap and operational plan to guide the implementing the preferred DSF/healthcare financing options.
(5) Supporting state actors in implementation of preferred options and reviewing/updating options to reflect implementation realities.
(6) Developing and implementing an M&E project plan to track and monitor project activities.
(7) Providing on the job capacity support to state actors
(8) Providing regular reports on project status
(9) Supporting the DSF Advisor in implementation of project workplan and tracking deliverables.
(1) Qualifications in public health, health management, health or similar fields.
(2) At least 2 years’ experience in monitoring and-evaluation of health care projects and health systems strengthening.
(3) Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
(4) Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management and capacity building.
(5) Knowledge of the Nigerian health sector and health financing landscape.
(6) Knowledge/work experience in the preferred state or its environs and ability to speak the local language(s) will be preferable.
Send a Cover Letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 16th November, 2017.