The Government of Nigeria with the assistance of the UNDP has secured funding through the Global Environment Facility (GEF) to implement a project that would foster sustainability and resilience in Nigeria agricultural production. The goal of the five-year project is to enhance long-term sustainability and resilience of food production systems in Nigeria, building greater community resilience to climate risks and other shocks that drive food insecurity. The project is hereby seeking for qualified individuals to be recruited into the position below in the Project Management Unit (PMU)
Position: Project Finance and Administration Assistant
He/she shall be responsible for the overall financial management of the project and project accounting, as well as for basic administrative support to the project. He/she wilt work under the supervision of the PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
With respect to Financial Management
- Facilitate auditing and financial controls with respect to the Project;
- Ensure that all procurements and disbursements are carried out in accordance with the UNDP/GEE and Government of Botswana requirements, which requires familiarity with the financial management procedures;
- Implementation of procurement related to this project, working with Government’s procurement unit.
- Ensure that project-related disbursements are carried out in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure the smooth flow of funds to enable the timely implementation of project activities amongst the various implementation partners, including the timely replenish account of the project account;
- Compile the quarterly and annual financial reports in a timely manner, with a focus on the financial delivery of the project.
- Prepare a monthly project bank reconciliation;
- Maintain a logical and comprehensive record of financial transactions, with supporting documentation, for reference and audit purposes;
- Provide the necessary assistance and documentation for the statutory audit of annual financial statements:
- Perform all other duties as requested by the PM;
- Perform any other duty relevant to the assignment.
- With respect to administrative support
- Ensure that office equipment and furniture are procured for and maintained in good working order:
- Responsible for meeting agendas and booking of meeting venues and related workshops; Responsible for Vehicle fleet management;
- Support project reporting needs;
- Perform other duties as requested by the PM and relevant to the project.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration;
- Knowledge of accounting policies and principles:
- At least live (5) years’ work experience in administration, of which at least one year was closely related to support of project / program activities;
- Capable of working independently;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); in Local languages and English;
- Good computer skills and proficiency in standard computer applications (MS Word, M S Excel, etc.).
How to Apply:
Qualifications candidates should please kindly send in their applications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference numbers of the position not later than 7th December 2017