Job Title: HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistants (2 Positions)
Reports to: State Coordinator
Location: Ehonyi and Bauchi States
The Social Mobilization Assistant will provide support to the state project team for planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization, and advocacy activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall support to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Social Mobilization Officer, Community Mobilizers. State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Support with organization of meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on family planning and availability of services
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under the HC3 Family Project implementing government-led initiatives.
- Support the HC3 M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator, Social Mobilization and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 FP & Malaria project efforts as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 year’s work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in family planning or reproductive health programs
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures relevant to the state of interest and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa or Igbo as applicable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully ins cross-cultural, team-based environment
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
(1) Your cover letter should include the following:
(a) Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
(b) Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
(c) Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
(2) Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (Abuja time) Tuesday 28th November, 2017.
(3) CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
(4) The subject line of your email Should be “HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistant Ebonyi” or”HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistant Bauchi” as applicable.
(5) Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.