The post of the Chief Security officer, Kaduna State University, Kaduna is presently vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Kaduna State University Law, the position of the Chief Security officer is hereby advertised for suitably qualified persons to apply. Applicants are requested to note the following:
(A) The Job
The Chief Security officer shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor on all security matters in the University and shall be in-charge of the daily administration of the Security Unit.
(B) Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the position of the Chief Security Officer must possess the following.
(1) M.A in the Humanities/M.Sc. in the Social Sciences or Science/MPA or LLB or B.A in the Humanities/B.Sc.in the Social Sciences or Science
At least 10 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution
Or HND – At least 12 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution.
(2) Must be a Retired Military or Police Officer, not below the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel or its equivalent or Chief Superintendent of Police
(C) Conditions of Service
The appointment for the post of Chief Security Officer will be for a single term of five (5) years only. Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Chief Security Officer in Nigerian Public Universities and as may be defined by the State Government and Governing Council of the University from time to time. The candidate shall not be more than 55 years at the time of application. Those who have served as Chief Security Officers in any University in the past eight (8) years or who are currently serving as Chief Security Officers need not apply.
(D) Method of Application
Interested candidates must forward twenty (20) photocopies each of their Curriculum Vitae and relevant credentials with the following information:
(1) Full Name: Surname First
(2) Marital Status
(3) Number of Children, including the Age of each Child
(4) Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
(5) Current Postal Address
(6) Educational Qualifications obtained with dates
(7) Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies/Associations
(8) Work experience, Status and Salary Level
(10) Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
(E) Submission of Applications
Interested candidates are required to submit five (5) photocopies each of their application letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) attaching photocopies of relevant credentials under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Chief Security Officer, Kaduna state University” and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Kaduna State University,
Tafawa Balewa Way,
P.M.B, 2339, Kaduna.
The application must be submitted not later than the 27th of December, 2017.
(F) The University shall not entertain any correspondence from any candidate on this matter.
Registrar & Secretary to Council