Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Post of Procurement Officer in Osun State University.
The Procurement Officer shall be directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day performance of his duties which among others include:
(i) Supervising, monitoring and coordinating the activities of the Procurement Unit;
(ii) Preparing a Procurement Plan for the University on short and long term basis;
(iii) Preparing Report for Management on quarterly and annual basis;
(iv) Preparing memoranda for procurement procedures;
(v) Keeping procurement records of the University;
(vi) Implementing all procurement processes in line with Public Procurement Act 2017.
(i) Be free from any moral social or financial embarrassment
(ii) Enjoy good physical and mental health;
(iii) Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
(iv) Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
(a) Candidates must possess First Degree in any of the following: Purchasing and Supply, Economics, Marketing, Quantity Survey, Business Administration, Accounting or any other related field.
(b) Possession of higher degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit thirty-five (35) copies of their applications and current Curriculum Vitae which should contain among others:
(1) Full Names (Surname First in Capital letters)
(2) Post applied for
(3) Place and Date of Birth
(4) Marital Status
(5) Name, Address and Phone Number of Next-of-Kin.
(6) Number of Children and their ages.
(7) Nationality and State of Origin
(8) Local Government of Origin (if a Nigerian)
(9) Contact Details (Including Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email)
(10) Permanent Home Address
(11) Institutions Attended with Dates
(12) Academic and Professional Qualifications
(13) Work Experience with Dates Including full details of former and present posts.
(14) Present Employment Status and Salary
(15) List of Publications (if any)
(16) Extra-Curricular Activities
(17) Any other relevant information that would facilitate a positive review of your application.
(18) Name and Address of three (3) relevant referees.
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate and confidential cover directly to:
The Acting Registrar,
Osun State University,
P.M. B. 4494,
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
All applications should be submitted to the Acting Registrar at the above address. Applicants should indicate at the top left hand corner of their envelopes the position they are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or M/S word format to email@example.com and the subject matter should read, “Application for the Post of Procurement Officer”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
Closing Date; All applications and references should reach the Acting Registrar not later than the 15th of December, 2017. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their references are submitted by that date.