AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
NIGERIA COUNTRY DEPARTMENT
Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Department: Nigeria Country Department (RDNG)
Supervisor: Senior Director, RDNG
Closing Date: 14th December 2017
The Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank and the Government and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners. RDNG invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Administrative Assistant. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN NIGERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THE BANK DOES NOT SUPPORT APPLICATIONS FOR WORK PERMITS AND RELOCATION.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall administrative authority of the Senior Director for the Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) and the day to day direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer the main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will be:
- Monitoring the recruitment process, registration and payments of all RDNG consultants in consultations with the respective task managers and the Finance & Administrative Officer;
- Monitoring and ensuring missions’ per diems and claims are processed in SAP in a timely manner;
- Managing the day to day operations of the building in liaison with the building manager including cleaning, lifts maintenance, generator fuelling, plumbing and general repairs;
- Process the procurement and requisitions of office supplies and thereafter prepare payment vouchers and relevant documents, and capture records in the books of accounts;
- Participate in processing of financial transactions and payments in line with the Bank’s policies;
- Petty cash management;
- Editing, proofreading, formatting and finalizing procurements documents in line with the bank’s procurement manual;
- Proper management and control of office stores and keeping proper records of the stocks;
- Management and monitoring of the service providers’ contracts;
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Assistant in suppliers’ accounts reconciliations;
- Logistical planning for office events/ functions- Assisting with administrative and financial reconciliations and verification;
- Assist in carrying out the Work program and contribute to Budget preparation in liaison with the Administrative and Finance Officer;
- Assist the office in Establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of services delivery and identify cost savings and promote efficiency use of Bank Resources;
- Undertaking any other ad hoc functions of Finance and administrative or similar nature, as may be assigned.
- Selection Criteria
- At least a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance combined with professional qualification of at least ICAN Foundation level.
- A minimum of three (3) years in Administrative and Financial Accounting, as well as the full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance. Work experience in a similar post in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage.
- Proficiency in using advanced computer applications – Microsoft Office (ERP, SAP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint); ability to learn and use new software/technology – SAP S/R
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and reliability with a willingness to do what is required to deliver, including providing back-up administrative support
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups
- Outstanding interpersonal skime l s to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations that require judgment and diplomacy
- Effective time management and organizational skills with ability to provide quality work products on a timely basis even under severe time pressure
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of French will be considered an advantage.
- Terms of Employment
- 6 months contract renewal based on performance and budget availability
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit their application letter, a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any supporting documents electronically to Recruit_RDNG@AFDB.ORG. Applications received in hard copy will not be assessed. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.