VACANCIES: EDITOR, POLITICAL EDITOR, BUSINESS EDITOR
A New Vibrant National Newspaper with Operational Headquarters in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, requires for immediate employment, the following staff:
- Must be somebody of a strong professional competence and intellectual strength with managerial ability to drive the vision of the paper.
- He must have edited or acted as editor of a newspaper for a period of not less than 5 years. He should have the professional energy and drive to squeeze water out of stone.
- Must be a graduate of Mass Communication, Journalism, English or any of the Arts or Social Sciences, who has practised for a period not less than 10 years after qualification.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
Applicants living in Rivers State or any of the adjoining states would be given due considerations. This position is for Print Journalists ONLY.
POSITION: POLITICAL EDITOR
- Must be a well exposed and brilliant journalist who has covered the political beat with so much impact on national politics for a period not less than 10 years.
- He must have a very strong and analytical mind.
- Must be abreast of national issues and developments in the polity.
- The Political Editor must have the capability to drive the various state correspondents and compel them to follow-up on all political events in their respective states.
- He should have the professional competence to stand in for the Editor when the need arises.
- Must be a graduate in any of the social sciences with not less than 10 years post qualification experience print journalism.
POSITION: BUSINESS EDITOR:
- Must be a professional journalist with the requisite competence and experience.
- Must have covered the business desk of a reputable newspaper for a period not less than 10 years.
- He must have an analytical knowledge of the business environment in Nigeria including the Capital Market, Money and Banking, The Energy Sector, Insurance, Aviation, Real Estate, etcetera.
- The business editor must have the editorial capacity and competence to analyse issues relating to business development in the country.
- Must be a graduate of Economics or any relevant discipline with not less than 10 years cognate experience.
Method of application: Interested applicants should forward their resume to: email@example.com
Note: Only candidates who meet the above conditions should apply. Applicants must state the positions they are applying for on top of their applications. All applications must be turned in not later than December 31, 2017.