Notice of International Recruitment Project Coordinator at the West African Power Pool (Wapp) Secretariat
The West African Power (WAPP) is a Specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) established by the Authority of Head of Sates and Governments of ECOWAS Member States to ensure the integration of the national power system operations into a unified regional electricity supply at affordable costs, over the medium to long term. This aims to encourage industrialization, improve Health and Education, Reduce Poverty, Create Employment Opportunities, etc.
The Headquarters of the WAPP General Secretariat is based in Cotonou, Republic of Benin/The WAPP Secretariat in view of achieving its global vision, intends to increase its staffing by filling the following job vacancy:
Department: Department of Planning, investment Programming and Environmental Safeguards (PIPES)
Position Title: Project Coordinator Position
Type: International Recruitment Contract
Type: Permanent Contract
Location: Cotonou, Benin
Reports to: Head of Division, Planning, Projects Studies and Financing Subordinates: N/A
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator shall be mainly responsible for preparing pre-investment studies for priority projects identified in the WAPP Master Plan for the purpose of implementing them within the required time frame.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Head of Division, Planning, Projects Studies and Financing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator’s key tasks shall be:
(1) Participating in identifying WAPP power facility projects and prioritizing their implementation projects.
(2) Preparing funding requests with Donors, conducting pre-Investment studies of proposed power projects.
(1) Participating in identifying WAPP power facility project
(2) Preparing funding requests with Donors for conducting pre- investment studies of proposed power projects.
(3) Preparing the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the recruitment of Consultants for the purpose of conducting pre-investment studies and ensuring their coordination.
(4) Participating in the selection process for the Consultants in charge of carrying out the pre-investment studies.
(5) Coordinating data and information collection pertaining to the pre-investment studies in the concerned countries and/or utilities.
(6) Reviewing the reports submitted by the Consultants and preparing the relevant comments.
(7) Coordinating the release of reports on various pre-investment studies and the collection of comments with the stakeholders.
(8) Update the indicative development plans for WAPP priority projects.
(9) Ensuring the monitoring and timely delivery of pre-investment study reports.
(10) Organizing feedback meetings and coordinating the participation of all the stakeholders to the projects.
(11) Updating information relating to the studies progress report in the WAPP database as well as the funding requirements and sources of funding.
(12) Drafting quarterly activity reports and other specific activity reports on activities and status of projects under study.
(13) Organizing and actively taking part in monitoring and consultation meetings for projects at the preparation stage.
(14) Coordinating the establishment and activities of local points within concerned utilities and /or countries.
(15) Preparing and providing presentations on the progress report of WAPP Priority Projects.
(16) Performing such other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Division, Planning, Projects Studies and Financing.
Skill and knowledge Required:
The applicant shall have:
A good experience in the drafting and the definition of investment programs for sub-regional and regional projects in West Africa.
Proven competence in the management and for coordination of power infrastructure projects, preferable on a regional scale
Minimum Qualifications Required:
B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering are required. Master in project Management would be an asset.
Professional Years’ Experience:
Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in the field of power system planning and a good knowledge of international donor’s procurement procedures.
Fluent in English or French with working knowledge of the other language Particular Conditions of Work:
Possible extended working hours
This position is on Grade P4 of the WAPP Secretariat Pay Scale. The starting point will depend on the qualifications and experience of the incumbent. The WAPP Secretariat offers a competitive compensation packages comparable to those by similar regional/international organizations.
(a) Equal Opportunities:
Applicants must be a WAPP Member State Citizen. WAPP is an equal opportunity employer that offers equal chances to men and women. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Both internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply.
(1) Interested applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this position must apply online at http://www.ecowapp.org/careers process.
(2) Additionally they must upload the following or the application will not be considered: A Signed Cover Letter (CL). A Signed Detailed and Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) All Applications must be submitted online.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications sent after the required submission deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment
Applications for the position shall be received from 30th October 2017 to 30th December 2017 included. The closing date for this position is 30th December 2017 at 06:00pm, Benin local time (GMT+1)
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org