The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Implementation of the Additional Financing (AF) of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The objective of the CSDP is to sustainably increase access of poor people to improved social and natural resources infrastructure in a sustainable manner through the provision of grants to support the poor communities. The project is extended to December 2020, Adamawa State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to finance the hiring of the services of the following category of contracted or seconded staff that are competitively recruited into the service of the Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency, No 57 Atiku Abubakar Way Jimeta-Yola.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Position: Project Officer Gender and Vulnerable
Position: Project Officer M&E
Position: Operations Officer
(A) Position: Project Officer-Gender and Vulnerable
Qualification and Experience: At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agric extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas. Computer literacy, experience in Gender/Vulnerable Mainstreaming and Safety nets will be an added advantage.
- Develop an action plan for mainstreaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in the operation of the State Agency
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP and GDP formulation at Community level Assist project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in mainstreaming vulnerable and gender issues in development activities.
- Liaise with the Desk Officers in line ministries to identify mechanisms of incorporating vulnerable and gender issues into their programmes.
- Identify and articulate opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project activities. Prepare a quarterly report highlighting emerging issues from projects activities in mainstreaming vulnerable group/gender issues in development activities;
- Provide input to the preparation of quarterly/ annual and requisite reports of the operations department
- Provide inputs to the costed yearly work programmes for the operations department. Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness
- Maintain Inks with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agendas.
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable.
- Responsible to the Manager, Operations.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager, Operations.
Position: Project Officer – M&E
Qualification and Experience
At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural envelopment and related fields, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven development (CDD) is an added advantage.
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities.
- provide implementation assistance to M&E Manager
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adapt targets to realities,
- provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource use;
- identify unacceptably high cost interventions and operations,
- provide record of events,
- provide information base for future evaluations, maintain quality standards. Responsible to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. Any other duty that may be assigned by the M&E Manager.
Position: Operations Officer
Qualification and Experience: A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area. Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS,
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP and GDP in line with (b) above;
- Build capacity of the CPMCs, GPMCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer-IEC and Training
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs and GDP to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs and GPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager, Operations;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the Project officer, Supervision.
Application Closing Date:
Not later than 18th December, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hand written applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 10 copies each with all the necessary credentials attached are to be submitted to the Office of the
Adamawa State Community & Social Development Agency,
No 57 Atiku Abubakar Road, Jimeta-Yola, Adamawa State.