(A) Health Insurance Technical Specialist (three positions)
Technical support to Contributory Health Management Agencies for the roll-out of the State Contributory Health Management Schemes in Sokoto, Bauchi and Kebbi States.
Program Activity: Consultancy to provide technical support to Sokoto, Bauchi and Kebbi State Health Contributory Management Agencies to ensure effective implementation of the State
Contributory Health Insurance Schemes.
This USAID funded reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) project is aimed at mobilizing domestic resources for RMNCH services while ensuring transparency, accountability, and impact. The implementation of the SHIS has been identified as a sustainable way of ensuring adequate financing and efficiency in RMNCH service delivery. The project further recognizes the need for organizational and technical capacity to effectively implement the SHIS in the three states, giving rise to the need for technical expertise in these areas and health insurance operations to facilitate effective take off and institutionalization of processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultants are expected to contribute to the successful establishment and operations of the Sokoto, Bauchi and kebbi State Contributory Health Management Schemes respectively. This will be done by working with the agencies and State Ministries of Health (SMOH) to put in place necessary structures and processes that will guarantee optimal functioning of the health insurance schemes and delivery of services to enrollees.
The following are the specific tasks of the consultant:
- Design/technical review of State Health Insurance Schemes (SHIS) policy documents including SHIS laws, operational guidelines, benefit packages;
- Design of technical processes and tools required for SHIS establishment, operations and implementation;
- Provide technical assistance in the development of a quality assurance systems for the SHIS and performance management systems for health insurance operations; and
- Capacity building for staff, including mentoring on the technical operations of the SHIS;
- Three independent consultants are required; each to be resident m each of the three states from the period of operation,
- Period of performance: February 1 July 31,2018
Skills and Expertise Required
The consultant should possess the following;
Qualifications and required experience
- A good first degree or its equivalent from a reputable University, in Medicine. Sciences, or numerate disciplines such as Actuarial Science, Statistics, Insurance, etc:
- Postgraduate qualification in Management, Public Health, Health Management, Health Economies, Insurance or other related fields;
- Certification in and/or professional membership of Health, Management and Health insurance related bodies shall be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the health insurance space and other related fields
- Experience in developing and delivering capacity building workshops: especially for health insurance implementation:
- Good understanding of current health financing reform Initiatives in Nigeria especially at subnational level;
- Experience carrying out similar assignments in Nigeria particularly at the sub-national level; and Excellent oral and written communication skills.
(B) Knowledge Management Specialist Role and Responsibilities
- HFG seeks to hire a Knowledge Management Consultant who will support the project with the production of quality technical reports in the final year of the project.
- The knowledge Management Consultant will perform the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to production of knowledge management products including factsheets, case studies, success stories, lessons learnt, policy and technical briefs
- Synthesize insights and lessons learnt from available project documents including workshop, quarterly and annual reports;
- Develop peer-reviewed documents from HFG’s work;
- Provide quality control of HFG Nigeria produced materials through editorial technical assistance;
Skills and Expertise Required
- Masters in Public Health/Health Economics/Health Financing and Policy or other related courses;
- Three years progressive experience in Health financing and health systems strengthening;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Substantial experience in producing knowledge management products and peer-review documents; and
- Experience carrying out similar assignments in Nigeria
Period of performance: February 01 and July 31, 2018.
Location of assignment is FCT Abuja. Travel will be required to some states in the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not Later than 1st February, 2017.
Technical Support Consultant or Knowledge Management Consultant should be used as the subject of the email.
Information on the HFG Project can be accessed at HFGProject.org