The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian NGO working in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, providing technical support to Federal and states Leprosy STB & Control Programmes in 9 states.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Nigerian to the following positions on the TB project for a duration of 1 year, six month renewable on extension of project and satisfactory performance.
POSITION: MEDICAL ADVISOR GLOBAL FUND TB PROJECT – 2 POSITIONS
The Medical Advisor shall be based at the National Coordination Office in Abuja.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of Global Fund TB program in the states supported by TLM Nigeria.
- Maintain contact with National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), donors, implementing partners and other stakeholders on behalf of the organization.
- Support the States TBLC Programmes in policy formulation, communication development, advocacy and routine collation of TB data,
- Analyze field reports to determine weaknesses in programme delivery and suggest recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the production of programmatic and M and E progress reports.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of Progress Update and Disbursement Request ((PUDR) reports.
Interested candidates should have the following:
- First degree from a recognized institution in Medicine & Surgery.
- An MPH would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on donor funded TB projects in Nigeria
- Strong skills in leadership, organizational, analytical, institutional capacity strengthening.
- Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and Ministry of Health at national and state levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS are necessary
- Experience and good understanding of Global
- Fund principles and procedures is desirable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job on or before January 20th 2018; to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees.