VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT AT JHPIEGO.
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and is being implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria. Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professional for the position of a Technical Project Manager Consultant.
Position: Senior Technical Specialist
Location; Lagos, Nigeria
The Technical Project Manager consultant will provide one (1) year fixed term technical leadership and oversight for the Strategic integration of digital health solutions and information and communication technology (ICT) for the Hello Mama project and other Jhpiego Nigeria Digital Health interventions. S/he will be responsible to lead Project’s Digital Health strategies and initiatives to strengthen national health information systems. The successful candidate will manage and administer the Digital health and data systems which the project uses for programmatic interventions and monitoring of health programs. This position will have a focus on telecom system Integration and project management, and will be required to work across a number of partners and stakeholders to drive system improvements in a timely and high-quality manner. The Technical Project Manager Consultant will report to the Hello Mama Project Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee the work of members of the team responsible for the maintenance, management and functionality of Hello Mama data management systems, including mobile operator aggregators and content delivery systems.
- Manage and maintain issue lists and product improvement roadmaps.
- Lead project reporting for stakeholders, including building and maintaining project dashboards.
- Collaborate closely with the Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Health HMIS unit to endure that Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) deliver targeted SMS campaigns to subscribers.
- Ensure that best practices are used in project management.
- Ensure that relevant artifacts and deliverables are created by project members, including data dictionaries and project roadmaps.
- Facilitate the use of mobile technologies at point care to improve health service delivery at health facilities
- Monitor the use of tablet or smartphone-based registers for service delivery and client-level data collection.
- Facilitate information flow among stakeholders,
- Provide technical guidance and direction to project teams in the field
- Promote and support data use for decision making culture within projects, organization and government at large.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders, including relevant department heads, staff, government officials, partners and community. Provide support to ether partners involved in Jhpiego projects Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SHILLS REQUIREMENTS;
- Master’s degree in a public health or technology-related field (e.g. public health, health informatics, computer science) will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 8-9 years’ experience in systems integration, with 4-5 years’ experience working with telecom technologies
- Strong technical project management experience, including experience generating dashboards and reporting for leadership, managing issues lists and coordinating release management activities.
- Proficiency with project management tools such as MS Project, Trello, and/or JIRA.
- Project management certification (i.e. PMP, PRINCE2 or similar) is preferred.
- Strong experience working with development teams to address bug fixes and system improvements.
- Experience designing and building Gantt chart-style roadmaps to map system improvements to a timeline.
- Knowledge of major telecom technologies, including SMS, IVR (including Knowledge and experience with either SS7, ISUP or SIP), and USSD.
- A process-oriented thinker who can lead troubleshooting activities across a number of partners.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the Principles for Digital Development, including experience with Agile software development practices.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies and technology standards and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of different technologies.
- Knowledge of international and US government donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Strong change management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to drive activities to set deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, team building and coordination.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage several major activities simultaneously and work in a complex environment with short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience in the public health industry is preferred.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
Model the mission and values stated above
Participate in the business development processes
Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4p.m on Friday 19th January, 2018 candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.