The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following positions.
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year Opening
Date: 6 February 2018
Closing Date: 19 February 2018
Duty Station: Abuja
Work Hours: Full time
Job Ref: AN/FA/001
Account Assistants (2)
- Review of financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of vouchers and entering the transactions into the accounting package and/or excel ledgers.
- Review advance requests to ensure that no additional advance is given while there is an unaccounted-for advance against a staff.
- Undertake a thorough review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness of the accountabilities.
- Ensure monthly generation of advance report for review before passing them to staff and sub recipients with outstanding advances.
- Keep track of all advances to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and assist to reconcile them.
- Review the petty cash transactions to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, completeness of documentation and that value for money was obtained before the approve for replenishment by Senior Accountant;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the cash books for all the bank accounts.
- Ensure that proper coding of all the expenditures is done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
- Assist in coordination on financial matters with third parties like vendors, banks, URA, NSSF, etc
- Proper filing of all the accounting and supporting documents with proper references for ease of document tracing and ensure they are kept in accordance with the Organization’s and donor requirements.
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy.
- Certification by professional Accounting bodies will be an added advantage (ACA/ACCA).
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position obtained from a busy and reputable NGO is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Sun System package is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.