Man Specifications for Positions in a Leading Insurance Company in Nigeria
On behalf of our client, a pioneer and one of the largest financial institutions in Nigeria with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services, BPI Advisory is inviting focused, result oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the following positions:
Note: Qualified applicants are encouraged to read and follow the instructions carefully.
POSITION: CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER/ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL & OPERATIONS
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing company’s underwriting and reinsurance policies, maximizing business opportunities, formulating and developing long term product strategies, developing corporate product policies, advising on investment decisions, etc. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Negotiate and procure reinsurance treaties for the company.
- Provide the required hands-on leadership in all technical and operational matters
- Provide leadership on all ICT related issues affecting the company’s operations
- Advise the Managing Director and Board on technical matters.
- Prepare revenue budgets for the company’s technical operations.
- Prepare technical inputs to management and financial accounts.
- Properly guide and motivate personnel involved in technical operations.
- Closely monitor trends and developments on technical issues in the insurance market.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the insurance laws & regulations.
- Organize appropriate training programs for all technical staff.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports bordering on technical matters to aid Executive Management decisions.
- Act as a relief officer for the CEO when the latter is unavailable
Qualifications experience & attributes:
- A good first degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower or Upper Credit) in Insurance/Actuarial Science
- Professional membership of ACII or equivalent is a necessary requirement for this position Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ cognate experience, 10 of which must be at Management level in an insurance company, 8 of which must have been at executive management level Special skills in negotiations
- Demonstrable skills in Information Technology as applicable to insurance business
- Ability to develop and drive a rapidly growing technical portfolio
- Between 45 years and 50 years of age (this could be waived slightly in exceptional cases)
How to Apply and Closing Date
Interested candidates should kindly send in a detailed resume to email@example.com
Entries for this application will close on Tuesday, 13th February, 2018 by 6.00pm
About Us and Contact
BPI Advisory is a business consulting firm providing value driven and result oriented professional advisory services to its clients. For all enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to +2348094111000